So Quality Player (the AP tryn guy) got banned again for unconventional builds

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

스르륵

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
This is cause of the new league system, a lot of plat players are stressed out in promotion games trying their best to win, a lot of diamond players don't care anymore and troll.

I'm guilty of lashing out at teammates during promotion games (Not harshly in my opinion, perhaps in yours) since i was recently put in the tribunal for a game where i was in my promotion series. Diamond 5 players, being in plat games are not fun, you should honestly be able to drop out of diamond by losing to much.

Also seriously, serious suggestion for the tribunal, give context. In my report card it's impossible to tell that i was playing at 2100 elo (plat 2) and went 1/1/5 in one of my lanes. I ended up 1/5/5 after spending 10+ minutes asking a lux to stop taking cs and pushing the wave getting one shot by a fed vi, it's another game that was on my report card. I got mad cause i had to defend myself from a Lux and Lee sin who were very obviously attacking me (but since their chat remains the same Neon green as the rest of the chat, it's hard to notice their attacks and very easy to notice my GIANT PURPLE TEXT that paints me as the bad person). There was no context for this game (They were a duo queue btw.) Who just decided to gank up on me after lane phase and insult me.
just like how Diamond players don't care and troll, Riot doesn't care about the Tribunal.

Look at it, no pre-post-game chat, no indications of system logs, no replays, no reprimand for incorrect judgements, etc etc. It's a farce at best. Granted, it's fooled enough people already.

MiMeMo

03-16-2013

sounds to me like there isnt alot of diamond players and many of these players HATE this guy and basically report him every game they do with him, in a smaller crowd you quickly get a repuation and are basically ostricided for what you get away with in a big group.

my other theory is that the gimmic builds work less good in diamond so higher lose rate=higher report you dont get reported for weird builds if you win big

Rigert

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Not sure how you came to this conclusion. A player just asked what level I play at.
Well you mentioned on your silver account, not your main you play heimer and vayne in weird spots. I guess that is irrelevant but what I am really confused about is how does the amount of reports have anything to do with a players toxicity? Reports are very common, especially from frustrated (understandable) players who are trying to gain League Points and see an unorthodox pick, and often view a game lost as them being the reason. I think it should be modeled off of a jury system (comparable to the tribunal), accusation does not mean guilt.

mi ramfan

03-16-2013

Lyte, why do you cite evidence not displayed in the Tribunal case to back up the Tribunal verdict?

Tribunal users should rule only based on the evidence in the case, correct?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-16-2013
12 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigert View Post
Well you mentioned on your silver account you play heimer and vayne in weird spots. I guess that is irrelevant but what I am really confused about is how does the amount of reports have anything to do with a players toxicity? Reports are very common, especially from frustrated (understandable) players who are trying to gain League Points and see an unorthodox pick, and often view a game lost as them being the reason. I think it should be modeled off of a jury system (comparable to the tribunal), accusation does not mean guilt.
Reports are actually not that common--this is a common misconception.

A lot of players threaten to report, especially in an environment like Ranked Solo/Duo; however, very few players follow through. A lot of times I'll read a thread that a player is worried because a group of players said they reported him; but, I'll check the game and no reports were even filed.

If you look at the current active playerbase, the typical player is reported in 2-5 games out of every 100 games. That's not a high number at all.

스르륵

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigert View Post
Well you mentioned on your silver account you play heimer and vayne in weird spots. I guess that is irrelevant but what I am really confused about is how does the amount of reports have anything to do with a players toxicity? Reports are very common, especially from frustrated (understandable) players who are trying to gain League Points and see an unorthodox pick, and often view a game lost as them being the reason. I think it should be modeled off of a jury system (comparable to the tribunal), accusation does not mean guilt.
yeah, counting numbers of reports and declaring someone more toxic is just laughable.

then again, so is the Tribunal, and seeing as how it's taken quite seriously, I can understand how this community is stagnant.

Waena

03-16-2013

Lyte when can I go back to playing a champion I like to play, pick my runes, pick my masteries and decide my own build? I'm a big boy, I can make my decisions and if they fail I can learn from it. I just don't think it's fair for the hivemind to decide everything I do. Pls riot.

lol I died again

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? View Post
just like how Diamond players don't care and troll, Riot doesn't care about the Tribunal.

Look at it, no pre-post-game chat, no indications of system logs, no replays, no reprimand for incorrect judgements, etc etc. It's a farce at best. Granted, it's fooled enough people already.
To be fair, programming is hard.

The Tribunal is going to get better.
You think we stopped once the slaves were free? Nope.
We kept going until blacks had equal rights.

Epictues

03-16-2013

if Riot wanted to test to see if players get reported more who use unconventional build sets.

Then they would force riot tribunal devs to play jungle heim or something equally off the wall, and only pay them if they advance to plantinum.
Otherwise the employees playing the non meta accounts won't care enough about their own game experience and will just kiss everyone's ass in a hope they won't get reported.

스르륵

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol I died again View Post
To be fair, programming is hard.

The Tribunal is going to get better.
You think we stopped once the slaves were free? Nope.
We kept going until blacks had equal rights.
To be fair, this game has been out 3 years.

To be fair, this system has already been declared "working as intended"

What does that even mean? That they are happy with the current joke of an implementation?