Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoLClient very high CPU usage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuviaq

03-16-2013

Initially the game ran fine, but currently I experience very high CPU utilization in the LoLClient app. Just idling in the app uses over 100% CPU. Any advice on debugging this?

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-16-2013

It would help if you posted your system specs.

That said, the LoLClient is built off Adobe AIR, and is notorious for high CPU/GPU usage on macs. Close it when you're not using it.

XephyrX

05-02-2013

Yeah, I'm getting it too. There is no way that Air could be using that many resources, in most cases over 100% cpu usage. Can't help but think that there is something you guys can do, as I have never had this problem before.

XephyrX

05-02-2013

Do you guys really have to use air on any version? There has got to be a better way of running the client...