How are you supposed to beat jayce bot??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolf Un1t

03-15-2013

I don't know why, but it seems only today I've been getting a lot of jayce in my games. And whenever I do, they go bot. Let me just say it was unbelievable how difficult it was for our bot laner to stand against him. Even when I went bot a few times against jayce, I found out for myself why jayce gave so much trouble to other bot players on my teams.

How do you beat him? He is almost impossible to 1 vs 1 due to his knockback if he's in trouble, gap closer, attack speed steriod, movement speed shifting buff, and that's all assuming he wasn't poking you before hand hardcore with the shock blast/acceleration gate combo. His damage also becomes absolutely insane by the end game. And he can do all this damage while kiting the enemy at the same time.

How do you not lose bot? I've tried just sitting at the tower and wave clearing, but he still likes to poke me with his stupid shock blast and acceleration gate thing. And dodging isn't all that simple, because sometimes he goes behind that stupid wall in the bot lane and blasts you before you even see it coming. And if you overextend, he'll just kill you straight up.

Hrondir

03-15-2013

I started spamming Jayce for a little while trying to see if maybe I could find a counter through gameplay. He is very difficult lane indeed. What you need to know is that his W is where the majority of his burts comes from. EQ hurts but nothing hurts as bad as SOTD+W for 1300x3 crits.

From my limited experiments all I can really say is lifesteal for sustain, thornmail, and the ability to dodge/negate auto attacks aka Jax, Teemo, Quinn have some effect. The only thing that really gave me a hard time when I played jayce was a Lee Sin with a thorn mail. Enough health to allow me to crit myself to death. But I countered that by poking him enough with EQ before hard engaging in hammer form.

In short against a competent jayce it's going to be a battle through hell just to stalemate.

Edit: Teemo only works really early game, if the Jayce can stay alive till lvl 9 Teemo largely becomes fodder.

Eloquid

03-16-2013

I play Jayce regularly and found that Vayne is pretty hard to beat, at least early game. SOTD sounds like great idea btw, never crossed my mind

PhreakInfinity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Gotta have the one thing he doesn't, sustain.

Volandum

03-16-2013

Not so easy as he'll generally start with lifesteal on either Prospector's or Lantern, and can pick more up quite easily. Bad jayces with junk like black cleaver and tear you can beat until they get decent items, but that doesn't really count.

Wolf Un1t

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
I play Jayce regularly and found that Vayne is pretty hard to beat, at least early game. SOTD sounds like great idea btw, never crossed my mind
I could probably see how vayne works, because she can outdamage him later, and tumble out of his shock blast/acceleration gate

HaIfhearted

03-16-2013

Dienovv actually beats Jayce bot with his Garen, so might wanna look into that.
Or you could play an assassin top and go down to just chain-gank his ass ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
That shouldn't be the case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xFf1_YSYc8

I'm going to assume you need to be more along the lines of a crit/AD stacking ADC and less of a bruiser.
Start with a lantern if her ult is giving you trouble, and pop the active the moment she ults.
Actually, start with lantern regardless ^_^

Hrondir

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Un1t View Post
I could probably see how vayne works, because she can outdamage him later, and tumble out of his shock blast/acceleration gate
Vayne can't out damage jayce if he builds right. Infinity edge+W can take most tanks down 3/4 of their health. I can see vayne doing well early but mid/late game jayce will 2 shot her with his W. Do to her mobility and disengage I could see a skilled vayne giving him troubles though. But honestly I think that match up is more about who has more skill.

Generally speaking I build Ghost blade, Lantern, IE, LW, SOTD on jayce and that's enough to completely wreck anyones day who doesn't have over 3k HP and a **** ton of armor.

Orphane

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Dienovv actually beats Jayce bot with his Garen, so might wanna look into that.
Or you could play an assassin top and go down to just chain-gank his ass ^_^

That shouldn't be the case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xFf1_YSYc8

I'm going to assume you need to be more along the lines of a crit/AD stacking ADC and less of a bruiser.
Start with a lantern if her ult is giving you trouble, and pop the active the moment she ults.
Actually, start with lantern regardless ^_^
Remember Haif, Eloquid is the guy who thinks Kass is balanced and Jayce takes a high amount of skill to play.