Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss Feedback and Bugs Go Here!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bob the Hobo

03-22-2013

Here's a fun one for ya:

if your first tower has lost rubble, and it falls onto the right side of the tower and you stand on it, you can neither cast spells or auto attack. I screen shotted it, but got a black screenie >.< feel free to try to replicate!

Cainhelm

03-22-2013

Fountain can kill through Kayle's ult

Hellioncat

03-23-2013

Quote:
Bob the Hobo:
Here's a fun one for ya:

if your first tower has lost rubble, and it falls onto the right side of the tower and you stand on it, you can neither cast spells or auto attack. I screen shotted it, but got a black screenie >.< feel free to try to replicate!

Yea I couldn't use any skills because the debris was blocking me from clicking lol

Fulgulet

03-23-2013

Today I found another bug on Howling Abyss.

I went to custom games. Clicked on Join a game. Found out in the list more games, from which one Aram on Howling Abyss full. I entered spectator with the hope that someone will leave it and I'll replace him instead.

The owner of the game started it. Everyone had random champs, and someone left the champion selection

So then I tried to click on join because it was one free spot.. this error appeared.

http://i.imgur.com/nIJ9jbi.jpg

Tested it again, the same error

http://i.imgur.com/Z44T1iI.jpg

dirtpoor

03-24-2013

First game was boring. Ill try some more.

Needs a big rotating plate in the center that randomly turns a 1/4 to 1/2 spin to jumble up team fights. Have the big center stone dial snap into place quickly when it shifts to really mix up the team fights. Heck maybe even make it a big gaint sun dial with a stationairy core for the dial. And when the plate shifts around the dial points to whatever "map event" will happen ont he big runic plate.

Maybe 2 conveyor belt enchantments down the center that randomly blows (wind) you forward or backward very rarely throughout the game. (The wind howls get near a pillar!)

Give each player an option on death to respawn right in the middle, at first tower, or second tower three times a game or once every 4-5 minutes. To enable trapping tactics to turn around deaths if enemy is over extended and snowballing if failed during insta res. Because the fights are wayyy boring and snowballing may be welcomed.

I noticed big giant Roc Birds in the background on the art. Implement Roc and Dire-Bat bombers which drop bombs, caltrops and blanket fire from up high. Shadows would start real small on the ground and get bigger and bigger until bombs hit so people could dodge them.

Have the bridge slowly crumble and broadcast this crumbling so people have time to get out of the way. Creates uniquely laid out obstacle to jumble up the footwork randomly throughout the map. Have runes on the bridge magically repair the bridge after a few seconds returning it to normal.

A gaint dragon that forces everyone to get off the bridge once a game. Have it so 30 seconds before that dragon attacks you hear a tremendous ROAR! And the bridge shakes.

"The God of Death gazes upon the battlefield" Have the center rune plate/dial spin like crazy and everyone does double damage and has half armor/MR. Champions instantly respawn in the middle of the map upon death for 30 seconds.

Even though i got bored of it pretty quick ill try some more today. I think its because I inflated my hopes myself with "NEW MAP" and was expecting something drastically different like the twisted treeline remake.

Hey crew, I apologize if your bosses like any of my ideas.

I like the little goat thingies and the viking-esqe background + tactic + feel of lore. The background art, masonry and mini map art looks fantastic.

dirtpoor

03-24-2013

Quote:
RiotDesertRose:
yeah, the bunnies should not give away people that are hiding in the bushes. We will work on that haha...

I didnt know about that but I kinda like that now that I hear it. maybe the key is to disguise and randomize it. Make it so that it has a CHANCE to notice someone. Also, make it also so that if someone is running up to facecheck a bush the bunny has a chance to pretend to give away someone hiding in the bush even though no one is there. (i thought it was a cute goat)

AmbroseBaal

03-24-2013

Not sure if this has been brought up since I haven't read the entire thread, but tear of the goddess isn't showing that it is stacking mana in the tooltip

YankeeDewdle

03-24-2013

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but when entering death, beside the purple team's first tower is an unusual blue patch, and there are a few more instances of it on the side like the hanging banner, still being colored when it would normally be black and white.

Bob the Hobo

03-25-2013

Is there any way you could make it a little clearer where the "shopkeep is off now" boundary is?

Also, the camera IS a little more zoomed out than normal. I like it, but it's a bit disorienting!

ManWolfAxeBoss

QA Analyst

03-26-2013

Quote:
Bob the Hobo:
Here's a fun one for ya:

Can you explain this further (or anyone else who has had this happen)? Was it your tower or enemy's? Order or Chaos? Were you smart casting?