Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss Feedback and Bugs Go Here!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

innervation

03-15-2013

The new item - the horn - when you activate it, it's REALLY hard to tell that the active is...well...active. You get like little blue speed racer trails coming off of your model, but they are very thin and faint. Might want to add some more detail to this. That's all for now, thanks for the map ^.^

Asif25

03-15-2013

Like purple team fountain laser, I like the shape of the new turrets,the new bushes and the blizzard effect , just make sure it's less laggy.

Edit: By that I mean the map

Omnipherious

03-15-2013

Quote:
innervation:
The new item - the horn - when you activate it, it's REALLY hard to tell that the active is...well...active. You get like little blue speed racer trails coming off of your model, but they are very thin and faint. Might want to add some more detail to this. That's all for now, thanks for the map ^.^

I second the need for an actual indicator that you have the effects of the horn active. Since it is called battle cry why not add some SFX?

Also, there is no obvious indicator that the horn is ready for use (besides the HUD anyway.) It's similar to Kass's Force Pulse but you can see when Force Pulse is available because there is a counter, a visual indicator and sfx to go with it.

It's no longer obvious where the fountain laser begins since the steps to the fountain have been removed. That's all for now.

notFREEfood

03-15-2013

There is no "good" indicator of where the fountain is is perhaps the biggest issue I see at this moment.

RexSaur

03-15-2013

I like the map, but theres some stuff that could be worked on :

-You cannot really tell the fountain range, there needs to be some obvious marker like in every other map.

-Fps drop, on the old proving grounds i'd get around 100~120 fps while in this one i get 50~60 at best.I hope the map is still being optimized, otherwise there needs to be some way to toggle the snow ''weather'' effects, as it is probably hogging the fps.

RossumEcho

03-15-2013

1. Love the Bunny's. Chasing them around the whole map.

2. Epic Music, Epic animations. Particles OP. It looks really nice.

3. I'm just wondering if everyone's smaller or if the map is just bigger?

4. I can't tell where exactly the cutoff point at the fountain is.

5. Can hide at the very back of the fountain on blue fountain (barely out of range from MF's ult) but cannot do the same on the purple fountain (same area is blocked off). Just something I noticed

6. Quinn and Yi's champion icon is just a red block

7. No indication that the shop is closed. Instead when I go back to base I have the pointer tip icon, but cannot buy anything.

Thats all I have for now~

xKILL10NAIREx

03-15-2013

There isn't an illustration to where the fountain is really located, and where it's max range ends.

Komeiji Koishi

03-15-2013

Quote:
NotBuzzJack:
There's no visual indicator of when the shop is closed.

On Murderbridge there used to be a blue force field over the shop as a visual indicator that you cannot purchase items anymore from it after leaving the base. On Frozenchasm this is lacking.

Nicksiren

Recruiter

03-15-2013

The client side FPS is atrocious. There are too many NON-OPTIONAL video effects on the map, causing massive frame drops on low-end computers. It is currently unplayable in it's state on low-end computers due to how bad the client side FPS is with minimum settings.

I love the design and all, but if I can't realistically play the map then I do not care...

Please give us the option to turn off "extra" effects for new maps (new Shadow Isles/Twisted Treeline still gives bad FPS due to the new map effects). Even at minimum settings it is not enough to play on low-end computers. Please allow us to play as reasonable FPS!

Thalandor46

03-15-2013

I mentioned this to CaptainLx in game, but I figure a written record couldn't hurt. The static model for the destroyed towers could use some touch ups. They stand out more than the regular destroyed towers, and at a quick glance, my brain registers them as undestroyed. Think that was my only feedback that wasn't along the lines of "Sweet Jesus this is amazing!" :P