Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss now on PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotCaptainLx

Senior Animator

03-19-2013

Quote:
Sorator:
The first time I saw the statue on the southeastern side of the bridge completely crumble and fall off into the abyss below, I just stopped playing and stared in awe.

JOB WELL DONE GUYS, JOB WELL DONE

Thanks, it makes me happy people notice this stuff... We are still polishing here and there (I just added collision with the ground to the NE statue crumbling, for instance)... with particles and sound it will come together even more.

0mega Z

03-19-2013

One thing. Will there be a howling abyss option to do 1v1s, like just a mid lane, or just a solo top lane. I think that would be a cool option.

Lord Pudding Cup

03-19-2013

@RiotCaptainLx ... will we please please see more of these dynamic effects and crumbling turrets on SR / TT ?

Ihaxcookies

03-19-2013

Quote:
RiotDesertRose:
we will be doing a lighting pass on the map, where the bases will be a bit darker, and the lanes a bit brighter... cause of the huge fires on the side

I'm just wondering that if someone leaves the champion select (also called dodging cause of the champ)

do they have to wait for 5 min?

i'd really like that cause a lot of people just leave cause the team or the champ they get is bad..

TrojanHorse

03-19-2013

Would it be possible to have an all random summoners rift queue?

Baneson

03-19-2013

I thought the ARAM matchmaking queue was just wishful-thinking...

Never have I been so wrong.

strangehighways

03-19-2013

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. As it was mentioned before, this is just a reskin of Proving Grounds. When I heard a new map was on the way I was ecstatic. Then I come here and find out its a reskin? Of PG no less?? Way to be lazy and take the easy way out you guys. Why don't you work on some thing that will appease everyone who plays the game, instead of catering to a specific group of LoL players? It really seems like you guys are giving us the middle finger. Who cares what the rest of the community has to say, why not reskin one of the least played maps in the game, and give one of the least played game types it's own queue? Its like you aren't even trying to improve the quality of the game overall. Instead adding new game types, why don't you give us a variety of maps to play our favorites on? I don't know, I'm sorry, I don't usually rant but this is some thing I feel is holding LoL back from being one of the greatest online games ever created.

Krusiv

03-19-2013

I saw this -> http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1al2eu/regarding_the_upcoming_aram_queue/ <- post on Reddit and thought that most of the things in it were a good idea for ARAM queue. Can I hear some of the Red's opinions on it?

Abeem

03-19-2013

I didn't know ARAM was becoming an official game mode. So excited!!

Mr Mystical

03-19-2013

yes, I saw some chain breaking and falling away off the side of the bridge during game play and thought --- OMG that is so cool -- this new map is amazing and I love playing Aniva on it -- she's right at home on that frozen cold bridge!