Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss now on PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashesofanangel

03-18-2013

Any chance we'll see some ARAMS happening at tournaments now? ;D

Kineticc1

03-18-2013

So if I understand correctly, if I queue for this map (once it is live) I will receive IP every game? And not just games within a certain time frame? (Right now you only get IP for so many ARAM's you play as a custom, because of the time limit) Sorry I don't know exactly how to phrase my question, but I think it makes sense.

InvalidZod

03-19-2013

I say throw up the ARAM queue now. I know I will be spending most of my time testing it out

alex gonzales

Concept Artist

03-19-2013

Quote:
Mr Bl3u:
I like this concept a lot better than the pictures of the actual map so far. The in game shots you've posted seem way too mono-colored. Its just all blue. I get that you want it to seem like an extremely cold place but it's a bit bland looking because of it.

We will address the color in the next iterations, thank you for the feedback.
Our process involves grey boxing, then black and white value passes, then color and polish.

Warmeat

03-19-2013

this is to anyone at Riot who can Answer but will the ARAM map have any sort of Option to limit you random Choices, i collect champions and there are some i just dont really wanna roll in ARAM, This being a gamemode i can que up for i wonder how serious it will be played once it goes live for those of us with 30+ champions and rolling champions we dont like to play, feels if this mode is gonna be taken serious there would be a top 10 or someway for you to cancel champions you dont want,I'm sure this mode will be fun no doubt, but in terms of competitiveness how deep can it get without being able to make your own pick, i understand this is a popular custom game and thats cool but guys play this to pass time from there que dodge where with this mode being a game mode wont happen anymore so i hope there are some type of plans for maybe a blind pick que or a way to limit your options of randoms(like pick a top 10 or top 5)

Warmeat

03-19-2013

Quote:
Ashesofanangel:
Any chance we'll see some ARAMS happening at tournaments now? ;D
this is for fun i dont think so, imagine a ARAM tourney where one team gets alot of support and the other team rolls bruisers bet this can get real lopsided and your be at the mercy of the dice. imagine a golf tourney where they roll a coin to see who tee closer to the hole, would be fun if it was a golf weekend but a tourney? nah get random out of here

Soulslingger

03-19-2013

Just wondering but would it be possable to have ARAM as a ranked format. I understand its a Just For Fun map but to be able to test how players adapt to the teams that they are facing and the selected champions that they are using could make a more-so interesting match.

Sorator

03-19-2013

Quote:
Kilmourz:
Thank you,, we really want to bring more life\animation to the maps that are attached to game events. You should see quite a few things collapsing in coming updates

The first time I saw the statue on the southeastern side of the bridge completely crumble and fall off into the abyss below, I just stopped playing and stared in awe.

JOB WELL DONE GUYS, JOB WELL DONE

NotBuzzJack

03-19-2013

I think Valor should be on the map in the same way Swain's bird shows up on The Crystal Scar. Because you know Quinn is in Freljord right now lore wise.

Fomorian27

Recruiter

03-19-2013

Quote:
alex gonzales:
We will address the color in the next iterations, thank you for the feedback.
Our process involves grey boxing, then black and white value passes, then color and polish.

I'm getting the same feeling of fatigue that I used to get with the winter SR map. Is there any chance that'll be fixed with these new iterations?