Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss now on PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beravin

03-18-2013

I know a lot of people are probably going to disagree with me on this, but... Can we do something about emote spamming for when the Howling Abyss goes live? Its been getting rather out of hand on the Proving Grounds lately.

Emotes are fun and all, but it gets really annoying when its just laugh and taunt spam all game. I seriously doubt people do it for "fun", if anything, they use it to distract and frustrate other players - psychological warfare and what not.

I know about (and use) the mute feature, but sue me, I'd rather not resort to that in the first place.

Demacry

03-18-2013

I have a question concerning the randomizer for champ select. Is any attempt at all going to be made to balance out certain strengths? Not that theyre impossible to win but no one likes being on the short end of the stick in a Lux/Nidalee/Ezreal/Garen/Sona vs Talon/Akali/Fiora/Nocturn/Poppy.

Quote:
Beravin:
Emotes are fun and all, but it gets really annoying when its just laugh and taunt spam all game. I seriously doubt people do it for "fun", if anything, they use it to distract and frustrate other players - psychological warfare and what not.

Reroute laugh hotkey to "T" and joke to "Y" and que all day till I get that Teemo/Lux. >

SepticusSepticus

03-18-2013

Will Howling Abyss have a coop vs AI mode, or have bots available on custom games? As the majority of my league time is in those modes, I bat my pleading eyes at you!

Scullzomben

03-18-2013

My two questions for this.

1) Will we be able to play against bots on this map? I can think of many scenarios where I would like to have a custom game on (currently) PG where I would like to try and defend my base against 5 bots pushing it.

2) Please consider removing the Poro from the middle of the map. It gives away when a team is in the middle brush for an ambush at the start of the game.

Zinwrath

03-18-2013

one thing that may not come across in internal testing but effects live.

Some players dont have access to as many champions as others, if i truley wanted to, i could level up a level 30 character specificly for this game mode, and only buy Nid/YI/Kat etc and have insanely better odds than someone who has ALL the champions, giving me an advantage for spending less money and time on the game ironicly.

Should it just be an exception where you can get any champ?

RonaldLoveCraft

Huntsman

03-18-2013

Quote:
riotearp:
you guys are giving us some amazing feedback right now and we really appreciate it! Wanted to put up some work we did on the little furry dudes

It's Poro!!!!!!

Jebobek

03-18-2013

Quote:
Zinwrath:
one thing that may not come across in internal testing but effects live.

Some players dont have access to as many champions as others, if i truley wanted to, i could level up a level 30 character specificly for this game mode, and only buy Nid/YI/Kat etc and have insanely better odds than someone who has ALL the champions, giving me an advantage for spending less money and time on the game ironicly.

Should it just be an exception where you can get any champ?

True, but there are disadvantages. If you only do Nid/Yi/Kat and then 10 free chars come along, you got a 3/4 chance of getting a free char, often one that is bad. And it's not like you can lvl 30 and nab ~10 ip champs overnight.

With leavers being punished, you might find that you don't NEED to reroll another 30 in order to get good champs all the time.

Hige

03-18-2013

I love the little furry things! specially the first one on the left! so cute!!! but I can't help but wonder why they are there in the map... not like, lore-wise, in reality, why? XD

Vijuani

03-18-2013

Quote:
RiotEarp:
You guys are giving us some amazing feedback right now and we really appreciate it! Wanted to put up some work we did on the little furry dudes

Is it just me or do those little guys look like a tiny Bristle (Sejuani's boar)

RiotCaptainLx

Senior Animator

03-18-2013

Once more, I have a game up. Come and join me for a round (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3237778)