Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss now on PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SevyTehSavvy

03-15-2013

Happy ARAM's getting some matchmaking love, but I'm pretty sure there's going to be some complaints.
Don't get me wrong, the map looks amazing, but I'm pretty sure we all know there are tons of players that wish resources would go into new maps instead of remakes.
People have been sad since you cancelled Magma Chamber.

DLChade

03-15-2013

Thanks threepeet, would love to see some concepts of how you came about the design

Para

03-15-2013

Upon first impression, I was reminded of Diablo 3, Act 3, where you go out to defend the castle walls. I hope there will be snow effects to give it that even more epic look.

WavesBlade

03-15-2013

Great work! I look forward to testing this!

Question though, does this map fix the current bug in ARAMs where particles get looped in bushes, endlessly repeating their noise and cast animation? (Initial cast animation, not the entire thing) Anivia is a major offender currently ATM.

nin10donerd

03-15-2013

So exited, when is the server going to be back up? Any ETA?

Damiya

Technical Analyst

03-15-2013

Big congrats to the team working on this. It's gorgeous! Awesome work y'all

Shadow Master

03-15-2013

I get a distinct Guardians of Middle-earth feel for some reason.

Preparing to fight off the competition?

Not that a console-only MOBA is going to compete with LoL at a competitive level, but their whole reasoning behind Guardians of Middle-earth being console-only is that they want to provide a "cinematic experience" and this map looks kind of like it's meant to mimic that sort of experience, not to mention the terrain being reminiscent of what we've seen so far in that game's screenshots.

Kalinka

03-15-2013

Awesome! But PBE is offline right now, so I'll have to wait. I love new stuff, and I'm sure many do!

HeadHurtsAlot

03-15-2013

where are the draven statues??
I am extremely disappointed.

ShootyMcGunshot

03-15-2013

Are the items available still going to be the same?