Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss now on PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonnFirinne

03-15-2013

Assuming there haven't been major functional changes to the map, there's something I think could be a worthwhile addition: A health relic within the bases. By pushing up to the enemy's tower in the current setup, a team can control 3/4 relics, essentially starving the enemy without even taking an objective. Then after taking the first tower, one team can completely control 3 of them and make taking the last one dangerous, if not completely impossible. This makes it extremely easy to snowball a siege into a major advantage, and this map already benefits snowballing. A relic or two behind the inhibitors, possibly off to the side of the bases where there isn't currently vision, so that the relic isn't right next to the nexus. I think it would bring a the siege tactic into better balance without extending the length of the games too long or making it too much harder to finish out a game.

ketchup

Recruiter

03-15-2013

Very excited for this. thank you!

RiotOtown

Senior Environment Artist

03-15-2013

Basically the same map with a visual rework! Probably a couple little surprises here and there, but no major changes.

Xuanxue NA

03-15-2013

Pleasèeeeeeeeeee add the option for blind pick or draft. I have a much better experience in blind pick on proving grounds. Thanks . PS, looks amazing!

Kilmourz

Senior Environment Artist

03-15-2013

Quote:
alex gonzales:
Here is an early concept of aram we created when we first started the project.

This was one of my favorite early concepts to refer back to while working on the models, lighting, and compositions.

Kalinka

03-15-2013

DonFirinne has a good point, there should be a bit more health relics.

Rolihlahla

03-15-2013

Why cant aram feature the entire champion pool? The whole point is to show your skill at any champ and since you are already including free week, why not go a step further to make it the entire pool? This would make it truly random and would make aram an even more unique game mode than it already is. Furthermore, it would get rid of any advantages that could exist between people who only own a few champs as they would probably be extremely familiar (as in mastered) with their selection vs someone who owns a lot of champs who probably knows these champs only fairly well.

Xuanxue NA

03-15-2013

Quote:
DonnFirinne:
Assuming there haven't been major functional changes to the map, there's something I think could be a worthwhile addition: A health relic within the bases. By pushing up to the enemy's tower in the current setup, a team can control 3/4 relics, essentially starving the enemy without even taking an objective. Then after taking the first tower, one team can completely control 3 of them and make taking the last one dangerous, if not completely impossible. This makes it extremely easy to snowball a siege into a major advantage, and this map already benefits snowballing. A relic or two behind the inhibitors, possibly off to the side of the bases where there isn't currently vision, so that the relic isn't right next to the nexus. I think it would bring a the siege tactic into better balance without extending the length of the games too long or making it too much harder to finish out a game.

I totally agree

Black OpaD

03-15-2013

Oh my godddd.
I wanna play Zac on this new map.
To bad PBE is down for me.

Btw I love how Zac sounds. Give the voice actor a cookie pls.

RiotCaptainLx

Senior Animator

03-15-2013

Quote:
SoresuMakashi:
what happened to the kayle avatar?

You sir, just won the internet... color me impressed... I think there'd be only 3 people on the internet who'd pick up on that. Well, I've been working on champs for over 3 years now and had a blast with many characters... but Draven was a very special champ for me in many regards. It also marked a trend of us trying out new stuff like recall animations (though we then shipped Darius with it first). So, there are so many fond memories I have with Draven I just had to switch... after all, it IS the League of Draven, m'right? =)