Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss now on PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frankstg

03-15-2013

"for fun and profits!"

The queued ARAM games will reward IP at the end?

Zankman

03-15-2013

Quote:
Eon Icefire:
Okay I love the updated PG map. I really do. I love it's fleshed out design and everything.

But one question....I remember hearing years ago about other game types coming and nothing since and that + this got me thinking...

Is there any potential for future game type/map mixes?

For example, the way it currently works excluding the currently unimplemented ARAM;

Classic > SR 5v5 > Blind / Draft / Ranked
Classic > TT 3v3 > Blind / Draft
Dominion > CS 5v5 > Blind / Draft

Is there any chance of expanding that? Perhaps Classic 5v5 on TT? Or Classic 3v3 on SR? Dominion 3v3 on CS?

And on the note of ARAM...any chance of ARAM on other maps?

Perhaps a SR for 3v3 or 5v5 ARAM where the top/bot creeps/towers are immune to player damage? Perhaps the bot/top lanes don't exist and the holes in the walls there aren't in the 'ARAM version' of the map? The former would make it seem/feel more like normal SR, but the latter would allow expanded forests for juking/more juking/large scale map fighting without worry of other lanes, and with the aram type initiated they couldn't b in forest or buy without dying after leaving.

Or maybe 3v3 or 5v5 ARAM on TT with one of two lanes following the suggestions for top/bot for a theoretical SR ARAM?

Also...any news on any other new classic/dominion maps besides CS/TT/SR?

Sorry...Just psyched to see this and curious to know what, if anything else, is currently in store/being planned for level dev

Too all of these more or less original ideas I can only add the one I remembered - Same Champion modes.
Would love to see all of this stuff, haha.

Talith PA

03-15-2013

So what happens to the Proving Grounds when this goes live? I'm assuming we have to say goodbye to the murder bridge of old. :'(

Lerch

03-15-2013

Brackhar worked on it so it shall be forgot about and left in the corner with little to know support to the community or the game mode . As it is written in the book of dominion

SoresuMakashi

03-15-2013

Quote:
captainlx:
hi everyone,

so excited to finally be sharing the news... Can't wait to see you all randoming all mid with us in the coming weeks! May the mayhem begin!

Lx

what happened to the kayle avatar?

iPudding

03-15-2013

Quote:
Talith PA:
So what happens to the Proving Grounds when this goes live? I'm assuming we have to say goodbye to the murder bridge of old. :'(

dude... this one look so much better

Fozza

03-15-2013

For a second there I thought today was April 1st.

Super Explosion

03-15-2013

Quote:
WerewolfTrey:
I see what you did there.

He probably bumped into Pwyff on his way about the day.

Resulting in a light frosting of whimsy.

Doctor Swole

03-15-2013

is it possible to make this left to right still?

IM Beyotaur

03-15-2013

If number of champs owned could be an issue, maybe in all random modes, you were randomed one of all champions on live. This would limit making an "aram" account to game your picks, and it could potentially promote champions people would not otherwise try.

Potential downside is if there is a champion that a player absolutely hates, they may end up playing that champ with no way of stopping it, but for many players that can happen already if you purchased and regret that purchase.

Since it is random you could not abuse it to try the new champion, as it is 100% random, but if RIOT felt new champs should be more exclusive than you could make it random all champs - newest except for players that buy them.