Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Abyss now on PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JoeDerp

03-15-2013

Quote:
Brackhar:
That's fair. I think it'd be much more of a problem if we were doing a ranked queue with visibile ratings, but since we're not right now we're not worried. We can deal with that particular problem if we ever cross that bridge.

I see what you did there.

EDIT: WerewolfTrey and I's posts keep getting switched around.
Were we that close?

Zerglinator

03-15-2013

Quote:
Brackhar:
That's fair. I think it'd be much more of a problem if we were doing a ranked queue with visibile ratings, but since we're not right now we're not worried. We can deal with that particular problem if we ever cross that bridge.

I see what you did there.

EDIT: Dang, Zed'd 100% by WerewolfTrey. The Huntsmen have impressive reflexes!

And Kennen'd harder by Joe Derp.

ˆMakotoˆ

03-15-2013

Important questions:

Will we be matched up based on summoner level, will the hidden MMR have any affect?

Can someone who is say silver level 50:50 Win/loss ratio be paired with a plat or diamond?

Will champion trading still be in place?

Will it work like blind pick is now, and same champions can appear or will it be almost identical to ARAM custom?

Will any new items be introduced for this map?

GokuPy

03-15-2013

Awesome cant wait to play this.

refpuz

03-15-2013

Quote:
brackhar:
we can deal with that particular problem if we ever cross that bridge.

no pun intended i hope

Labcown

03-15-2013

Were there (are there?) any changes to the map's layout when converting over the Proving Grounds to this new Badass Murder Bridge?

Or is it simply the most spectacular visual upgrade we've seen yet?

sdfasetrdsfeasrg

03-15-2013

Im getting an update!

bentup

03-15-2013

Will the queues be similar to other pvp queues in that you're playing with people of similar skill level and wins? Or will it be closer to current Arams where pretty much all level 30s are in the same group?

sdfasetrdsfeasrg

03-15-2013

is it the exact same as the proving grounds, or has it got a little extra added to it?

plasmatorture

Recruiter

03-15-2013

Now that you guys are making it an official mode i highly suggest making every champion available. It makes the game more balanced because despite what you say there WILL be people who make new accounts and make sure they only own the best ARAM champs. It facilitates much better gameplay because now everyone can switch with each other, and gives players the ability to test out champions they otherwise wouldn't have access to. While there will probably be people who think "sweet! now i don't have to buy champions ever again because I only play ARAM!", I bet you will get significantly more people who go "Wow, Nautilus is the most fun champion I've ever played, I have to buy him immediately!" and then they buy RP and buy the champ.