Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So rushing BoTRk not a good idea on Tristana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dpaladinx

03-15-2013

I thought BoTRK is useful on lategame hyper adcs that are more dependent on autoattacking (such as Tristana, Kog'maw, Caitlyn, and Vayne). Can anyone explain to me why rushing BoTRK is a bad idea on Tristana? I do know she literally has no ad scaling in her skills, but she needs the ability to make ad bruisers and tanks miserable (where they build a lot of hp). How comes it works well on Kog'maw or Caitlyn, but not on Tristana.

I'm asking this because I had two games where people said building this item is not a good idea with Tristana (one when I played as Tristana and lost, another is when I played as Kog'maw and won).

Saint Moogle

03-15-2013

I think it's fine...Like, the active on the item synergies with Trist early game burst kit. I think one reason that it wouldn't be great to start with though is that he enemy team wouldn't have build up their hp that much yet, so the passive % damage is a lot lower.

Pobbes

03-15-2013

If I remember the Red posts about this item...

I think it would be worthwhile to rush the Bilgewater cutlass on trist to add that active to her early game burst combo, but BoRK currently works better as a second purchase high tier item rather than being rushed. So, let me break that down and disect it.

1) Bilgewater cutlass is best early game. The active has a static damage number and the cost is actually very low. This makes it a very attractive early buy and adds a much bigger damage chunk to trist's early game burst but falls off starting at mid game. So, if you start building cutlass later game just as a component of BoRK, then you really aren't getting any value for the item.

2) BoRK is better mid to late game. I don't remember all the math, but BoRK basically doesn't start being effective until characters start to have around 3000 health. This happens mid game for health stacking champs and late game for everyone else (Most champs at lvl 18 have around 3k health). Before mid game, you'll get far more damage from an IE or BT.

3) So, ideally, you should rush cutlass, than build a bigger primary damage item (i.e. IE) than build BoRK second for the additional AS with the upgraded passive for more late game effectiveness.

That is how it's currently conceived of in the minds of the developers. Still, BT tends to be a more reliable purchase all around over BoRK unless the enemy team has multiple tanks.

acosn

03-15-2013

Rushing BorK on anyone isn't a good idea. The economics just ain't there till HP driven items become very common. Gold per gold spent any of the BF sword composite items is a better value.

powwder

03-15-2013

botrk WAS the best item to build first.....about 11 days ago until they nerfed it.

Hotfix 03/05/13:
■ Attack damage reduced to 25 from 30.
■ Combine cost increased to 1000 gold from 650 (total cost increased to 3200 gold from 2850).
■ Active heal amount is now reduced by the target's armor.
■ Maximum damage dealt to minions and monsters reduced to 60 from 90.

now if you are going to get botrk it is better to get it after they have build some HP

SeCKS Egai

03-16-2013

I find myself switching between it and bloodthirster again. On Vayne, the as boost makes up for the lost crit damage with the silver bolt procs. As for my other adcs, I find myself resorting to the usual BT/IE/PD/LW for the most part - especially now that armor affects that 5% and the active now.

I love that active, but that 5% doesn't crit and those crits are a major part of late game damage.

Sephïroth

03-16-2013

NO!

Bork is terrible to rush on ANY ADC because it only has 20 AD. You need AD to do damage. Its a fine second item, I don't get it until third, though. I still feel the best way to go is Vamp Scepter -> IE -> PD -> Situational LW or BorK -> GA/Warmog -> BT

Tristana is my main ADC and this is what I use.

whatamidoing

03-16-2013

i normally turn it into a gunblade

sorries gaiz trist is my troll

MaIevoIent

03-04-2014

http://leaguecraft.com/champions/

Just use that to calculate it.

EmployeNumber427

03-04-2014

There's not much reason to build AP on Trist anyways (outside of Hourglass). Her Q doesn't need it, and her other abilities aren't there to do damage anyways. Rocket Jump is for mobility, Explosive shot is for farming minions (passive) and applying grievous wounds (active), and Buster Shot is more about moving people around.

That being said, yeah, no need to RUSH your botrk