Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Journey Into The Freljord I: The Avarosan

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rogue Winter

03-15-2013

Question - Why is it called 'THE' Freljord? Shouldn't it be Freljord?

Melancholy Exile

03-15-2013

Also (And this has always bothered me):

Why do the people with massive military, economic and technological superiority (And the protection of the Institute) fear Sejuani?

Zertryx

03-15-2013

It's gonna be the opening to "Lissandra" the last Freljord Princess Super excited =]

Ferr3t

03-15-2013

I love how everyone assumes this is Lissandra. Can't it just be lore for the sake of lore?
Oh right, Riot.

Stexe

Recruiter

03-15-2013

So... that's basically just confirmation that Lissandra will be next? I'm guessing Dervish with a Scythe based on the recent posts by Rioters?

Your Shadow

03-15-2013

Quote:
x7Hysteric:

I'm guessing the Frelijords originally referred to the mountain range or something and the name was just adapted to include the surrounding tundra when it because an official city state.

Quote:
Melancholy Exile:
Why do the people with massive military, economic and technological superiority (And the protection of the Institute) fear Sejuani?

Because Frelijord is still a very young city-state and the League doesn't intervene in civil wars, only international conflicts.

If Sejuani were to overthrow Ashe and claim Frelijord, that could easily be a new enemy faction in the League instead of an ally. So while Sej couldn't march on Demacia with her army of barbarians, she could dispute a land claim and contest it in the League, where Demacia's current technological superiority wouldn't help them. And given how Frelijord has gone from tribes scavenging food in leather huts to actual towns growing crops in the few short years Ashe has been queen, I wouldn't count on that advantage for long anyway.

Also, Sejuani is a goddamn Terminator. Her lore outright states she has survived conditions that are physically impossible to live through via sheer willpower.

Woozl

03-15-2013

Quote:
Quinn and Valor:

Ashe carries herself

She wishes

Stexe

Recruiter

03-15-2013

Quote:
x7Hysteric:

The Ukraine! ... No, just Ukraine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw

Ukraine not weak!

Rogue Winter

03-15-2013

Quote:
Melancholy Exile:
Also (And this has always bothered me):

"Demacia and the people that now make up Freljord have had a history of conflict, albeit nowhere near as grievous as the conflict between Noxus and the northern barbarian tribes. Both Ashe and Tryndamere have been highly critical of Demacia’s neutrality during Noxus’ Barbarian Pacification Campaigns. In fact, Demacia had been quite protective of its territory, turning away refugees during the campaign’s more bloody episodes. Likewise, Demacia’s northern homesteads were often times targeted by barbarian raiding parties. Both city-states have a great deal of diplomatic work ahead of them before they can bridge the gap that spans decades of distrust."

The Barbarians are scary. If Sejuani becomes ruler of Freljord, she could launch a full scale invasion of Demacia.

Kijitow

03-15-2013

OMG it's lore! WTF is this?

Also, comical for anyone to fear sejuani.