Factions (Noxus): Strategy Thread

1234511 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Montesque64

03-15-2013

Blood for Noxus!

This is a thread for Noxian Summoners to talk Faction Match strategy.

If you're asking "Wait, what's a 'Faction Match'?", then here's the thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3215351

And here is the main website! : http://leaguefactions.net/

First off, I strongly encourage Noxians to friend one another. I suggest making a Buddy Folder for other Noxian Summoners, so you can easily find people for games.
List of Summoners by faction: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing
(check the tabs at the bottom for by-faction listings)

Noxus chat: Join chat room "Noxus"
("Factions" is the general factions chat)

So here's our lineup:
Annie,
Cassiopeia,
Darius,
Draven,
Katarina,
LeBlanc,
Sion,
Swain,
Talon,
Urgot,
Vladimir

Our opposition:
IONIA: Ahri, Akali, Irelia, Karma, Kennen, Lee Sin, Master Yi, Shen, Soraka, Udyr, Varus, Wukong, Zed
DEMACIA: Fiora, Galio, Garen, Jarvan IV, Lux, Poppy, Quinn & Valor, Shyvana, Sona, Vayne, Xin Zhao
PILTOVER: Blitzcrank, Caitlyn, Corki, Ezreal, Heimerdinger, Jayce, Orianna, Vi, Ziggs

I suggest that, when you see some other Noxians on, you hit Normal queue as 5 and practice various champs and team comps. Let's see what we can figure out. Our roster is a lot more constrained than the usual 100+ champion list, but (as someone on the GitP thread noted) the other factions also have challenges. The goal is to find ways to leverage our strengths and shore up our weaknesses.

(and thank you to Cupcake Trap for the format of this post, as well as setting all this up.)

Montesque64

03-15-2013

First things first, after the Demacia Vs. Noxus game (which I spectated), I think we need to consider the idea that Kat vs. Lux is not a good lane for us. Maybe that was just a single game, but that still seems like a poor match up to me. I'd think about subbing LeBlanc in there, then putting Kat down with Urgot, with him supporting her, or both trying to make it a kill lane. Both can badly out poke Xin and Jarvan, if they all play equally. Or at least it seems so to me.

Eager to hear what anyone else has to say.

13bmw13

03-15-2013

i'd put singed, warwick, riven and mundo in noxus.

Purple Piggy

03-15-2013

OK. I was the Kat that was against Lux.
Kat actually counters lux, and as Kat, I usually love going against Lux.
It was just this time, my internet was being a butt. I'm sorry, Noxus.
One tear shed.

Rintastic

03-15-2013

The problem with LeBlanc v Lux is that LB has absolutely no pushing power. Something that Lux has in spades. Lux shield also reduces LB burst by a lot. We have a few other mids we can run, so hopefully we can find one that's a better match-up. I haven't run them all vs Lux yet.

Montesque64

03-15-2013

Quote:
OK. I was the Kat that was against Lux.
Kat actually counters lux, and as Kat, I usually love going against Lux.
It was just this time, my internet was being a butt. I'm sorry, Noxus.
One tear shed.
Well, I understand internet issues all too well, improv. Sorry to hear that. Better luck next time!

Quote:
The problem with LeBlanc v Lux is that LB has absolutely no pushing power. Something that Lux has in spades. Lux shield also reduces LB burst by a lot. We have a few other mids we can run, so hopefully we can find one that's a better match-up. I haven't run them all vs Lux yet.
Fair enough. I don't want us to limit ourselves to traditional mids, however. We almost certainly want a heavy damage dealer, so the way I see it that leaves us with a few options, as you say:

LeBlanc
Annie
Cassiopeia
Draven
Talon
Swain
Kat
Vlad.

Any thoughts?

Rintastic

03-15-2013

It really seems like we have the most mid-lane diversity between the factions currently. How we can put that into play, I'm not terribly sure. I'd figure Talon will always do his thing in Mid and do some cutting.

I have just haven't had a Talon in a game yet.

workthecorners

03-15-2013

just currious where teemo tristana twitch and some other missing champs belong how bout my favorite hecarim

Rintastic

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by workthecorners View Post
just currious where teemo tristana twitch and some other missing champs belong how bout my favorite hecarim
If you check out this thread it should have a list of all the proposed factions. Currently only the 4 factions listed are available to keep games from being too hard to start.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3207441

Montesque64

03-15-2013

Current game: Noxia vs. Demacia again,

Sona, Xin, Lux, Quinn, Jarvan
vs.
Draven, Katarina, Darius, Talon, Annie

Darius takes 1st blood off of Jarvan in a close call

3:00ish, Kat ganked by Xin from jungle. Jarvan now beating Darius on CS.

4:00: Draven gets double kill, clears bot, dies in process.

6:30: Quinn and Sona pushing bot, Kat ganks, Quinn dies.

7:00 : Double kill by Draven, then by Lux on bot

10:00 Extended team fight top ends with Darius, Talon, Xin, Lux, and Jarvan all dead.

11:15: all but one of Demacia killed in team fight bottom, Draven only Noxus casualty. Katarina Double kill.

13:20 : first turret falls, Demacian bottom.

15:00 teamfight mid, 3-0 Noxus, take dragon.

15:40, top Noxian turret falls to Jarvan

17:30: Demacian mid turret falls, Draaven on killing spree

20:00 outer bot Dem falls

21:00 draven rampage off of mid kills

22:00 Draven takes dragon, Demacian inner mid turret falls, Kat Double kill

24:00: Demacians dying everywhere, inhib mid turret and inhib mid fall. 35-14 Noxus.

24:45, Noxus rebuffed from base, taking casualties 3-2 casualties.

26:30 Inner top turret (Demacia) down.

27:00 Darius triple kill (Xin, Lux, +1) Draven takes bot inhib turret and inhib.

28:30, Demacia Aced, Talon and Draven double kills, game over

Final score: 47-17 Noxus,

Most kills, Demacia: Lux
Most kills Noxus: Draven

Best CS Demacia: Lux
Best CS Noxus: Draven

1234511 ... 16