Zac was done right!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Subalternate01

03-15-2013

Check out the new lore...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/z...eapon-revealed

Love how they sold Zaun and especially how they sold Zac!

Cant wait to pick him up

GJ lore team! I see you do'n you! :-)

Mytos Kunn

03-15-2013

So Zac brought his parents home then some how joins the league while no mention of the league it is given in his Lore.

How/why did he join?

Vongeo

03-15-2013

I felt like he was going to kill his parents accidentally at the end but then he didn't. then I didn't know how to feel.

I guess I like tragic lore more, I feel like we've had a streak of everything is going well for people (cept nami but Nami's lore doesn't make sense, don't care your justification, it doesn't make sense). The last real tragedy we've had is Varus. What I really want is someone who joined the league to fix their problems. Someone like trundle who is facing a large burden, instead of having a great achievement.

I really do like Zac's lore, but I think they need to pattern the good successful acts with people who have real upcoming challenges to face. I don't see anywhere to go with them if they achieved there goals already(note kha/rengar would be absent of this point).

Melancholy Exile

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytos Kunn View Post
So Zac brought his parents home then some how joins the league while no mention of the league it is given in his Lore.

How/why did he join?
Political protection? Fighting to defend his people's interests? Raising awareness of (And money for) underprivileged Zaunites?

He has a lot of legitimate reasons to want to join.

Mytos Kunn

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy Exile View Post
Political protection? Fighting to defend his people's interests? Raising awareness of (And money for) underprivileged Zaunites?

He has a lot of legitimate reasons to want to join.
Not saying he didn't but usually in the lore ( or at least they used to) they would try and explain why they joined the league. In this lore ( which mind you I like) it goes from him saving his parents then ends. No mention of him wanting to join the league or being chosen is given.

MythMaster

03-15-2013

Totally wasn't expecting Zac to be Zaun's version of Jayce. I actually like this lore, none of the mindless grimdark backstory I was expecting a biological weapon to have.

Garnet

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythMaster View Post
Totally wasn't expecting Zac to be Zaun's version of Jayce. I actually like this lore, none of the mindless grimdark backstory I was expecting a biological weapon to have.
Same here. Of course I would have liked it if they could mention why he actually wanted to join the league (why did they stop doing this? why?), but I don't feel his lore was done poorly.

Xulsigae

03-15-2013

Old picky me- If he's more using his body to defend the weak of Zaun, why leave Zaun? What stops bad things from happening while he's away?

IcySlayer

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
Old picky me- If he's more using his body to defend the weak of Zaun, why leave Zaun? What stops bad things from happening while he's away?
His passive is cell division so he probably has a eye on Zaun at all times well hes away which would make sense.

OriginalA

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
Leave Zaun in order to gain massive influence and public acknowledgement. Champions like Alistar are considerably more powerful outside of the Field of Justice due to their fame and influence that is afforded to them as Champions. Alistar himself is a great philanthropist and has done severe damage to Noxus public image just by talking about them and people listen to him because he is a champion. That is significantly more that he would have been able to do as just a lone minotaur. Additionally Z.A.C. would gain the opportunity to speak with Champions like Janna and Dr. Mundo and be able to speak publicly with, for, and/or against them and have his side of the discussion have the same weight as a Champion rather than some random critic. Consider the fact that Janna and Dr. Mundo are two very influential Zaunites. If Zac can talk to them as a peer instead of as a citizen that is being protected by them people might listen to him.
Leave Zaun and be able to stand against those that would trample Zaun's way of life (he is, after all, a direct product of the Zaun methodology which is considered to be fairly low brow and below the "standards" of "leading" scientists from Piltover; Have they ever created an artificial sentient lifeform? I think not! HA).
Leave Zaun and he can raise awareness of living conditions and attempt to sway the government into taking action that is to his liking. Janna herself is attempting to push Zaun away from Hextech and move them toward Techmaturgy. Zac could point out the injustices that the average joe has to put up with in Zaun and push for a more active police force or something to that effect.

It is hard to say exactly what he would want to push for, but as a Champion a lot of people are going to listen to what he is going to say. Even if it does cost him the ability to directly interfere with all injustices against the average joe, he gains a significant amount of influence that is going to shape the opinion of not only the citizens of Zaun but also the neighbors of Zaun. If he games the system he can apply political pressure to Zaun in order to direct it into a form more to his pleasing.

I would also like to point out that Caitlyn, Vi, Vayne, Viktor, Ezreal, Katarina, Swain, Jarvan IV, Garen, Janna, Himerdinger, Blitzcrank, Dr Mundo, Quinn, and Morgana are all shown to be involved with time intensive activities outside of the League. Caitlyn and Vi are active police when they aren't on the field and that is essentially what Zac would do. Katarina, Garen, Quinn, Swain, and Jarvan IV are all shown to move about Valoran following the interests of their nations outside of the League; the incident at Kalamanda took up over a month of their time before they really returned to the League for any real amount of time. Ezreal still makes adventures for indeterminate amounts of time while not on the Field. Janna and Himerdinger built a freaken airship. Dr. Mundo is a CEO for a corporation as well as a scientist that is constantly experimenting while not fighting for the League. Morgana runs and owns a series of bakeries all across the continent. Blitzcrank built and runs a dating service that has kiosks in every city, town, and outpost all across Valoran.

Personally, I don't think being in the League takes up very much of their time. Probably something like 1 week every few months or so (basically the free weekly rotation timespan. Champions obviously have a fair amount of time on their hands anyways.

So, yeah, bad things will happen while he is away at the League. That said, the amount of influence he gains from the League will allow him to stop things from afar, raise awareness, and possibly even cause effectual change that will alter the state of living for the group he supports and make that stick, and that last part is not something he can do while he is just some runaway, potentially extremely dangerous, experiment (that will not have PR support at all outside of a handful of people at most) on the loose, but as a Champion of the League of Legends... Yeah, someone might just listen to him.

To put it another way the League can turn any physically powerful, driven individual into Batman by being the same support structure that Wayne Industries and the Wayne treasury is to Batman while also giving them the public face of Bruce Wayne while also not having the inherit illegal status as a vigilante (although Vayne does have that because she pushes it too much for Demacia to accept).