I can imagine the thought process went something like

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Question: How is healthstacking going to work on a champion whose abilities cost % hp? resistance/spellvamp stacking is at least, on paper, much more effective.

Sakuri Ono

03-15-2013

Spirit Visage looks like a must then. 12% of current just from using that E? Can't afford to lose a single shred of that passive healing and better pray you hit someone on the way down.

HaIfhearted

03-15-2013

Yeah, his health costs are really nasty.
You basically chunk yourself for like, 20% of your max health if you full-combo someone while at 100%.

Plus, you aren't always going to be able to pick up those blobs, especially in-combat.

DiscworldDeath

03-16-2013

His HP costs are really interesting.

They kept saying, people like Morde/Vlad have a rough early game, but late game their HP costs are insignificant. They made a way to make them significant all game long, and perhaps less punishing early. From a game design standpoint, it's very interesting to me.

However, I suspect even with these costs, his hp/5 is gonna get nerfed. All the manaless champions who had ~12 hp/5 had it reduced.

konfetarius

03-16-2013

Yeah, Sweeper's gonna be core on him for the MS boost alone. The extent to which those chunks spread out is silly, apparently in SR jungle they literally drop behind various jungle walls at random.

His ult is nice in that it apparently generates chunks every bounce and doesn't cost anything to use. It would also be nice to know exactly how the damage decay works - is it half of listed damage for every subsequent hit or does it halve the damage every subsequent hit?

If the former, it deals impressive damage if you land all 4 bounces - 800 base with 0.625 AP scaling. Ifthe latter, it's 600 with 0.46875 AP scaling (i.e. the last two bouncs add so little damage its not worth trying to nab the same target with them - might as well spread out on other enemies or try to go for the healing chunks with the MS boost.)

The 12% E cost does make the choice between E and Q a lot easier, though. You are not going to be able to support that kind of HP drain on yourself early, and you will really want to wait until you get some AP to make that ratio be worth the cost for damage.

DiscworldDeath

03-16-2013

Played him one game vs a bot on AI, just to get a feel.

Hm, 500 HP for the E late game with about 4,500 HP is brutal, especially for a high resist tank, man.

He can be stunned during his ult, he can also use W during his ult. It seemed he can also use Q during the ult, but with the enemy bot stunning me and trying to kill it I wasn't always fully focused, need to check in a controlled environment which abilities you can use during the ult. Seemed E too, but that's weird...

His E on smart-cast isn't really on smart-cast, need to hit E or the button for him to actually go somewhere. I think a couple of times it was kinda like Varus arrow - keep finger on button, release to go, but if you only click once it doesn't go immediately and awaits the next click. Will check again later to verify.

W doesn't stop your move-commands, Q does make you stop, so W while chasing works.

DiscworldDeath

03-16-2013

Also, you have to max W first, it can effectively heal you - costs 4% of current HP, heals 4% of max HP, on a low cooldown.

I'd max Q second for the AoE slow as well.

stormfallen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

His max size increases based on his max HP, resulting in silly things like this.

Reynmaker

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
I'm curious if Riot even knows how to make champions that don't have %health-anythings anymore.
I think it's just the easiest ability code to calculate on the servers, hence the lazy design. Why crunch calcs on 3-6 items and then apply it to Armour/MR etc. when you can just say :
Ummm, whats his max health ? k, damage him for a% of that after Armour/MR.

I wonder though, how far the pieces disperse on kill, because winning a fight in the jungle with your team on low health, then playing find the last piece of a champ with an AoE max health percentage nuke, Is something to think about.

Eloquid

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
"You know what would be the perfect champion to introduce to the League of Health? A health using %health healing %health shredding mobile tank."

I wonder if he will be any good on Dominion though. That slingshot looks great for ganking bottom lane...
Well I guess it's only fair now that Elise gets retired after the nerfs.