Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ADC Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PiggyWasTaken

03-15-2013

Hey everyone I've been playing alot of adc lately and I've been wondering some builds for them specifically Vayne if you guys don't mind. I also would like to know how much cs I should have by every 10 mins. to know if I'm ahead or behind in the cs I should be getting. Thanks in advance.
- BreadCheesePig (See you all in-game!)

LifeSmash

03-15-2013

Google is your friend.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/vayne-guide

is the very first hit and contains a ton of Vayne guides. There are more elsewhere, of course. League has a ton of guides.

It looks like she wants Attack Speed?

Hirumonogatari

03-15-2013

as long as you're not tumbling into all 5 champs of the enemy team, you're probably already better than half the vaynes out there.

PiggyWasTaken

03-20-2013

Yeah I know a little about positioning and I know tumbling into 5 people isn't good xD

MyLittleAshie

03-21-2013

These are high CS numbers that you may or may not be able to attain, depending on other opportunities that present themselves in lane (you're going for a ton of dragons/champion kills, for instance). Note, the pros themselves don't always hit these numbers due to the above.

75 CS by 10min
175 CS by 20min.

Regardless, if you're ahead of the other ADC, you're winning.

Walkerpotion

03-21-2013

Hello, i think is a really nice guide...

http://www.lolking.net/guides/21086

Bye.

PiggyWasTaken

03-24-2013

Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it!

Snowbi Wan

Recruiter

03-24-2013

On the CS count, I find it more helpful to metric yourself by focusing on waves rather than X cs by X time. Each game can go quite differently. One game could be a farmfest for 20 mins and another could have lots of team fights that pull you away from lane. Rather I find it helpful to focus on each wave.

First, try to be in lane for as many lanes as possible. If there is no team fight calling you away you should be farming. Early on try to be there for every wave. Eventually try to shove your minion wave into their tower when possible, then make a quick trip back to buy and heal, then make it back to lane by the time the wave comes back to your tower. The worst thing is to let the enemy push the wave into your tower. You don't want CS dying to your tower.

Next, try to be perfect on each wave that comes to you in lane. Hit each CS, be really hard on yourself. Even one missed CS should not be allowed. Your goal is perfection. If you're working on CS play the lane passively and don't even worry about the other ADC. Stay safe and farm away. Harassment can come later. For now, hit every creep. If you really want a metric keep a tally of the CS you miss. Not the CS you gain. Don't worry about how much CS the other ADC is getting. Focus on the waves.

After that there are some basics that can work for almost any ADC. For items you'll want to build a mix of damage, crit %, atk speed as your core. For almost any game combinations like Bloodthirster + Infinity Edge + Phantom Dancer + Last Whisperer are usually the core. There are lots of variations, exceptions, and game-specific choices you can make - but for a base these items work well in lots of situations. If they build armor go for the LW early and consider adding a Black Cleaver. If they stack health replace BT with a Blade of the Ruined King.

For gameplay, I tend to prefer the never die style where you make sure to stay in the back of team fights and focus any target that comes in range. Trying to focus their squishies is usually a challenge and will get you killed. Ideally you want to deal maximum damage from maximum range. Again there are lots of other ways to play and exceptions to the rule, but for a basic understanding this is a good place to start.

PiggyWasTaken

03-28-2013

Thanks for the advice I'll start doing that