Karma AMA on Tuesday, March 19

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teemos Gay Lover

03-16-2013

Karma AMA on my Birthday! It must be fate.

Tacticalpancake5

03-16-2013

I do not approve of this. I never thought karma needed any changing. while she may be underplayed, it does not mean she needs to be completely re-done. i can understand their reasoning when they re-did the abilities of evelyn, but even then the abilities were the only thing they changed. here Riot has re-done verything but the name, they might as well have just released a new champion! Its blasphemy really. here i thought Riot never just dropped champions, only changed one thing or changed stats. but here, its like they killed her and replaced her with her evil twin! if riot wants to make karma more played then maybe have her on sale or make a new skin. not delete all that she is and replace it. I've spent a good while playing Karma and just recently mastered her, i just find it disgraceful that i went to the trouble to master an underappreciated champ, only to have it chnged completely. And don't think that a skin that "looks" like the old skin makes up for anything, because it really doesn't. Whatever reason you can come up with to re-do Karma either doesn't exist or is not true. in my opinion its lazy and i'm disappointed in you Riot games.

So as a final note i say:
R.I.P Karma, may you throw fans among the stars

Now i must look for a new support to play.

Tacticalpancake5

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichvlar View Post
Out of respect for /actual/ Karma players, I'm not going to buy her before the launch just for the skin. I feel like the skin should've been a surprise for those Karma players who have been waiting for this makeover for some time now, and I'm not going to be someone to ruin their fun, and take the originality out of their champion choices.
Honestly all karma players were not looking forward to this. if you looked closely at the comments you'll notice that the karma players are furious about this, as am i.

Finnuhslash

03-16-2013

I hope Riot sees that the Karma fans, the ones who took the time to learn how to actually play her before saying she wasnt any good, know how bad this rework will be. I'm not saying that her new skills are bad, they just arent as good as her current ones. I don't see why they dont make this new Karma into a new champion and do a Renekton-Nasus thing, I mean I would like to try this new Karma, but not at the price of losing the current Karma.

Tacticalpancake5

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnuhslash View Post
I hope Riot sees that the Karma fans, the ones who took the time to learn how to actually play her before saying she wasnt any good, know how bad this rework will be. I'm not saying that her new skills are bad, they just arent as good as her current ones. I don't see why they dont make this new Karma into a new champion and do a Renekton-Nasus thing, I mean I would like to try this new Karma, but not at the price of losing the current Karma.
Hear hear! I applaud you!

Drozou

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardDeanFan View Post
So, who's this new champ? Oh she's named Karma too?
no dude, they are just remaking her appearance completely.

Finnuhslash

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow9 View Post
no dude, they are just remaking her appearance completely.
not just her appearance, also everything that makes Karma, Karma. The only thing thats the same is that she has a form of her shield and her ultimate still amplifies her skills. Everything else is different, it might as well be a different champion. So, in a sense, he's right that this rework is a new champion.

Tacticalpancake5

03-16-2013

KARMA PLAYERS HEAR ME!!! We must go to the other forums and let ourselves be heard! i will see this change stopped or die trying!!!

Also heres a link:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3224791

Eight of Clubs

03-16-2013

I could not be more disappointed with these changes; I loved the old karma from her old style look to every single spell she possessed. Her game mechanic was unlike any other champion in the league and that is I what I loved about her. Riot is making these inaccurate changes to karma based on ill preserved notions built around her misleading game history, and a misunderstanding of her spell and skill set.
In order to explain my rational argument I need to go back and explain a few details from the past. Prior to season 3 karma was considered by many to be the worst champion in the game. This has some truth behind it. In Season 2 game play was quite different for the game role support (and as such had a direct effect on karma). For those of you who can recall, the position of support had the tremendous responsibility for buying and placing wards for the entire team. This was incredibly difficult to do, based on the high cost of wards and lack of any field funds (aka having to give all the minions to the adc or risk losing). As such, described in the patch 3 overview, the majority of supports had to buy gold generating items and most builds looked something along the lines of “They go Heart of Gold, Philosophers Stone and then if they are lucky Aegis of the Legion or like Zekes Herald or something” (Joshua “Jatt” Leesman). This was very grueling for karma because she is extremely item dependent. Unlike other supports like Taric, Sona, Leona, Janna, Lux, Blitzcrank and Alistar who all have built in abilities that stun or disable an enemy champion, making them effective at any level (as a stun is just as effective at level 1 as it is at level 18). Karma was only as useful as the strength of her shield, heals, and the cool down on her mantra, if any of these spells fell behind mid game she became in essence useless. Without the ability power to save or protect her team she was nothing more than a body in the field.
When all seemed lost for this champion a glimmer of hope shed its self over the horizon, as season 3 alterations changed everything. With the introduction of sight stones and removal of Heart of Gold Karma became more advantageous than I ever would have thought possible. Now with the playing field leveled Karma could still buy all the wards she needed while still stacking her cool down, ability power and survivability. These changes have allowed Karma to push into the fray with her teammates without fear, knowing that the use of her spells with mantra can be the deciding factor in a team fight. Unfortunately Riot has not given people enough time to discover this, critically changing her only after 4 months of renewed game play which is still focused on her old past reviews instead of her current style of performance.
While reading the forms discussing karmas upcoming changings I found several logical fallacies. The first of which is“…her all-purpose abilities are so broad they never felt like the right choice in any situation. All in all, Karma lacked direction.” (Scarizard, Associate Lead Designer). Karma has a clear direction, to forgo her own safety and protect her team (the one true quality that makes a leader). Karma’s kit is misunderstood and as such these accusations are false. Karma has only 3 spells, I am not going to describe them because you can read about them in your summer profile, however I will go over how to use them effectively and why each gives karma a blatant style of diction. Her “Q” is a magnificent cone spell that heals off the percent of missing health from her allies. This makes it vital that she stands directly next to her entire team so she can heal all of them with one mantra, so she needs to be in the middle of the fray. Her “E” spell with mantra is a damage dealing shield which is great for placing on a tank when he initiates e.g. malphite, hecarim, and Jarvan IV or casting it on the carry to protect him. This spell has a very short cast range for a shield so karma needs to needs to be in the middle of the fray so the radius can reach the front and back line when needed. Her final spell “W” is either a slow against line jumpers like Kha Ziz, Nocturne and Xin Zhao from reaching the adc, or speed buff used on champions to initiate or retreat. As stated before the cast range is minimal so she needs to be in the middle of the fray so the radius can reach the front and back line. All in all I think Karmas direction is obvious, stand in the middle of the team, for united we stand and divided we fall, a true support.
The next logical fallacy is one I am shocked to discuss. It is stated “Why isn’t Karma fun” and “The changes we made to Karma’s kit focused on making each decision fun” (Scarizard, Associate Lead Designer). Last time I checked riot was not the one how gets to constitute what is fun and what’s not. Karma is exceedingly enjoyable to play especial her spirit bond. There is nothing like telling your team to get in a line and casting it on everyone and flying to the other side of the map at break neck speeds. Besides that I cannot count the number of times I have saved someone with karmas heal or soul shield from an ignite and the broad smile that sweeps across my face ever time. But these moments of joy are almost at an end.
I know I’m probably going to get a lot of dislikes for this discussion, but they will probably be from players who have never played karma, this is because from their standpoint, they see this as a new chance to play a brand new champion. However this explanation was not written for them, it was written for all the current karma players who put their time and faith in a champion overlooked by others and shunned by competitive play. Please for all the people who played karma I beseech you and everyone else who took their time to read my reasoning to “thumb up” this elucidation so Riot will see the mistake they are making…..and hope for beyond hope that they will change karma back into the great champion she once was.
Otherwise March 19th 2013 will be the day I remember as “the day riot killed its 1st champion”
Sincerely Eight of Clubs

Eight of Clubs

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnuhslash View Post
I AGREE WITH YOU 100% For you sir are a wise man and a True Karma fan like me