Karma AMA on Tuesday, March 19

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axxelsian

03-15-2013

I have a question for you, Why do you not just tell us what you are doing with karma when she is ready to be released?

Langbehn

03-15-2013

If we bought the old skin for Karma, the old skin still keep two fans when the new model come?

Appull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

I don't understand why you're completely redoing Karma. From what I'm reading this seems like a nerf. For those of us who have ever actually played her in game (correctly) shes a damn near unbeatable mid. I personally have played karma mid close to 70 times and have NEVER lost lane. I have never seen her as a support with her ap ratios being the way they are and with her heal being so low. Karma really only needed a range buff on her q and a flat heal instead of a percentage(or dbl the percentage it had). She is without a doubt one of my favorite mids because its so fun. Seeing her get nerfed and changed into a support role isn't something I'm happy about. Her aoe shield will be good if it's actually given a decent ratio, but I'm guessing it's gonna be pretty low since you gave speed buff to it. Her tether was a HUGE part of her kit and you've turned it into Leblanc's e. Honestly when I first heard of the rework I was excited thinking she was gonna get the slight buffs she needed and am let down to see that you are turning her away from what she truly shined at. Chasing, saving, surprise damage, long range harass.

Karma was a great utility AND damage champ when played correctly, even with the problems she had. So to this rework, all I can say is R.I.P. the most underestimated champ in league history.

Bararuku

03-15-2013

Well lookin forward to new stuff for karma

CabecoteNA

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
[aws3]news/March_2013/03_15_2013_Karma_AMA_Preannounce/Karma_AMA_banner.jpg[/aws3]

Have questions about Karma’s complete story, visual and gameplay relaunch? These folks are holding a reddit AMA this Tuesday, March 19 from 10 AM to 12 PM PST to answer all your burning Karma questions:

• Ryan “Morello” Scott (Lead Content Designer)
  • Patrick “Scarizard” Scarborough (Associate Live Designer)
  • Devon “RiotRunaan” Giehl (Associate Creative Designer)
  • Josh “Grumpy Monkey” Singh (Senior Character Artist)

Missed the news about Karma’s relaunch? [URL2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3224791"]Check out this forum thread[/URL2] for all the info released so far.
It would be awesome if Guinsoo could show up and talk about his prototypes of Karma too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxelsian View Post
I have a question for you, Why do you not just tell us what you are doing with karma when she is ready to be released?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=35623691#35623691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langbehn View Post
If we bought the old skin for Karma, the old skin still keep two fans when the new model come?
It will not have the fans (as a weapon atleast). They already showed a picture of it.

Chino All Day

03-15-2013

Dont be mad or anything but her:
Passive: Like Xin Zhao
Q: kinda unique
W: Like Lux
E: Like Malzahar or Morgana
R: Like any Shield but w/ Amumu's AoE Spell...

w/e i'm fine with w/e they do to make her viable and her new look is fine too so again w/e works...

Wolféran Maximus

03-15-2013

Looking forward to her!

HowardDeanFan

03-15-2013

So, who's this new champ? Oh she's named Karma too?

TheGrayBuffoon

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino All Day View Post
Dont be mad or anything but her:
Passive: Like Xin Zhao
Q: kinda unique
W: Like Lux
E: Like Malzahar or Morgana
R: Like any Shield but w/ Amumu's AoE Spell...

w/e i'm fine with w/e they do to make her viable and her new look is fine too so again w/e works...
She IS viable right now. This is not Karma; this is new champ with Karma's name attached.

All they needed to do was give her AA range greater distance and fix her mana costs.

Appull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

took the time to type this up on my argument and thoughts of why Karma doesn't need a full rework and just needs a QoL update. Here it is and thank you to those who read and comment.

I'm level 30 with 1400+ games under my belt about 70-100 are karma. She is a VERY hard champ to play, but also way more rewarding than anyone else if played correctly. Well over half of those games were mid and I have NEVER lost LANE as Karma. Her long range harass, high damage, minion heals, and slow/speedup/supershield escapes makes her one of the most fun characters in the game after you learn her. Her kit is wonderful for early game harass, mid game saves and enemy catches, and late game poke and saves.

Ex: team fight is happening in a jungle, your team is ahead and enemy team starts to turn to run, cast tether on the farthest champion you can click then any team mate is sped up (which should be all of them with good positioning since you're in jungle) and that enemy plus other enemies will be severely slowed, especially if you mantra'd. Your shield can save your adc or give your Jax, vi, olaf, xin, whoever on your team has to dive the enemy adc, the hp to survive and take him down. While your heal can do massive damage and if used late with a mantra can save your high health teammates while escaping.

That's just one teamfight example where you only have to use two mantra, and you get to save several team mates as well as securing kills that would have been missed without you.

In lane Karma is amazing at long range harass and denying cs from the opposition. She is also a quick pusher and safe farmer.

additional pros of karma
-shield minions while attacking a tower so you can get more auto attacks in
-heal minions last second to deny cs from enemy laner
-long range harass when shield is used with mantra
-very heavy shield to assist melee champs
-speed up that does very high dmg and slow, combined with shield makes your melee diver a very scary person that can catch, slow, and drop even more dmg into their own burst.
-if roaming for a gank with or without jungler can drop a heavy slow and quick burst while using shield on the person who tanks the tower if dive is needed (which normally won't because of the slow/speed up)
-and my all time favorite SEVERELY underestimated so when you dominate the other team has no idea how to react and counter you

these changes are wrecking what Karma is and turning her into an entirely different champion.

P.S. i think support Karma is rubbish compared to mid Karma.
P.P.S. If you read this and think I'm making that all up, karma is an utterly useless champion and cannot be played that way then it merely shows you have never seen karma played nor played her yourself properly. I can only understand this change if they are removing karma from a mid champ and forcing her into support role. If that is the case I would ask that a champion very close to old Karma be released geared towards a mid champ, because I and the few others who love her, would never want to give up such a fun undervalued champ to surprise people with.

1234567 ... 13