Dom needs its own version of RoA and Tear

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Swain, Anivia, and Zilean do fine without Tear/RoA. I think if people stray away from Tear/RoA on thier champs they will see an improvement on their champion itemization.
Especially since health relics refill so much mana, and Prospector's Ring gives you a ton of free regen.

HaIfhearted

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Swain, Anivia, and Zilean do fine without Tear/RoA. I think if people stray away from Tear/RoA on thier champs they will see an improvement on their champion itemization.
I actually disagree with you on that one.

Swain in particular really likes what RoA does for him.
It lets him keep his ult on for longer, makes him tankier, and those clutch level-up procs have saved my ass several times and enabled me to stay in the field and keep my ult on.

Honestly I still think Nome could put in a Dominion-only version of RoA that starts at *full* charges and it would still be perfectly balanced, so I don't see why we can't at least have a faster-charging version.

FreeGothitelle

03-16-2013

A chalice or Propectors ring is generally enough mana regen for most champs with an occasional relic.

Basically if you're going for tear, don't go for it for the final items, go for it for the mana.
Ryze and Kassadin still like the archangel's staff for example, don't need it to be fully charged.

AileTheAlien

03-16-2013

There's already enough mana items for Dom.
Shield, ice fist, RoA, tear, prospector's ring, chalice...do I even need to continue here?
RoA and tear are choices only a few champs can reliably use.
Leave it as it; it's balanced enough.

Kholdstare13

03-18-2013

Nidalee can 9:24 charge as well post-6. Ryze cannot, despite what you think.

Nome once hinted at these very 2 items, never to mention it again.

My idea for tear is not to multiply the speed, it still hurts champs who require laning to stack, and to simply give it a MAXIMUM stack time of double the 9:24 minimum. Simply put, if both internal cooldowns are up, every 3 seconds it should generate 2 mana.

This guarantees a minimum ability to stack for all champions, without needing a full laning phase to use (and remember that first-buys generate mana, so target-only champs still start with something before the match begins).