Dom needs its own version of RoA and Tear

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

03-15-2013

The matches don't last long enough for these items to be as relevant as they should. Even a very quick RoA completed at the 5min mark won't be stacked until the 15min mark, very near the end of the game. The issue is more exaggerated with Tear. The absolute quickest that a Tear can be stacked is 9.3mins; however, only three champs can actually do that in Dom: Singed, Amumu, and Ryze when played bot lane.

These items need Dom friendly versions.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Agreed. People have been saying this for a year now, and its not exactly difficult to do. The easiest way would simply be to have "duplicated" dominion versions that work the same way except charge up twice as fast. i.e. doulbe the mana per charge and twice as quick of Rod chargage.
No balance problems no thought needed.

TribunalPunishU

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
The matches don't last long enough for these items to be as relevant as they should. Even a very quick RoA completed at the 5min mark won't be stacked until the 15min mark, very near the end of the game. The issue is more exaggerated with Tear. The absolute quickest that a Tear can be stacked is 9.3mins; however, only three champs can actually do that in Dom: Singed, Amumu, and Ryze when played bot lane.

These items need Dom friendly versions.
Orianna with 40% cd can stack a tear too early..

General Quackers

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribunalPunishU View Post
Orianna with 40% cd can stack a tear too early..
I guess now is a good time to mention that Orianna can't start a Dom game at 40% CDR.

BeefJerkyHunter

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
I guess now is a good time to mention that Orianna can't start a Dom game at 40% CDR.
Fire and Brimstone!

Fancy Wolf

03-15-2013

I would agree that it needs its own version, and simply have it replace the current tear/RoA items. Both are very strong in their own regard for the given champions, except theres no point in buying it unless you know you are going to have a 20 minute + game

FOODFOOD

03-15-2013

They have to watch out what they do to mana items, because any buff to a mana item is, in some way, a buff to Kassadin.

HaIfhearted

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
They have to watch out what they do to mana items, because any buff to a mana item is, in some way, a buff to Kassadin.
Ehh, acceptable collateral.

Kass will remain broken op regardless of Tear/RoA changes.
At this point I think its more important to improve the itemization for mana intensive champions like Swain/Anivia/Zilean.

Torkable

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Agreed. People have been saying this for a year now, and its not exactly difficult to do. The easiest way would simply be to have "duplicated" dominion versions that work the same way except charge up twice as fast. i.e. doulbe the mana per charge and twice as quick of Rod chargage.
No balance problems no thought needed.
lol get this guy on the balance team, I like the no thought needed policy.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
At this point I think its more important to improve the itemization for mana intensive champions like Swain/Anivia/Zilean.
Swain, Anivia, and Zilean do fine without Tear/RoA. I think if people stray away from Tear/RoA on thier champs they will see an improvement on their champion itemization.