Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help with some generic rune pages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imolate

03-15-2013

I'm in need of some help making some generic rune pages. . Basically trying to figure out what would be thr most effective overall for majority of champs.. this is what I have so far

AD :

Mark: armpen
Seal: Armor
Glyph: mrplvl
Quint: ad

AP :

Mark: mpen
Seal: hplvl
Glyph: mr
Quint: ap

Jg:

Mark: as
Seal: armor
Glyph: cdr
Quint: ms

Support:

Mark: arm
Seal: arm
Glyph: mrlvl
Quint: g10

toasteros

03-15-2013

Some champs do better with yellow mana regen. Usually a mid AP champ. I have a set with those to increase my sustain for champs like Viktor.

Sephïroth

03-15-2013

I understand you want generic, but generally each champ benefits off different rune pages more.

How about listing the champions you play the most, then use their rune pages for other champions. That's how I run my business, even with 17 Rune pages I find myself needing more.

imolate

03-15-2013

Im a new player so im trying out everyone id really like a few generic pages I can still use the runes later

Sephïroth

03-15-2013

Who do you currently own? I would build your pages around having a core of 5 champions, one for each role then expand more champions for each role.

Once you have one for each role, I would then work on getting 2 champs for each role, 3 champs, 4 champs. After 4 for each role, I would specialize in the role you're best at/like the most.

This will generally give you the best chance to win and progress. As far as generic, I suppose this is fine. This game is really about the small details, so generic rune pages just don't work that great. Also, its about personalization as well.

Some people like Mana regen/level runes on ADCs/APCs, Some like MR Quints for mid to out trade, etc etc.

If you'd like an Example, here's my LoLking:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24557081#runes

Nightwhite3

03-15-2013

My standard runes for adc, which can apply to all ad, is ArPen quints, armor yellows, mr blues, and ad reds

imolate

03-15-2013

I do understand what you are saying, but Im a fairly new player so I will be playing pretty much every champ each free week, I want to get a generic rune build going so I don't have any major disadvantages going, Im just after a build that works well for "majority" of its role... I know this may not be ideal but its got to be better than having no runes, the thing is im always going to use them and I can still always buy more later.

So yeh, im after a generic set of rune pages that will benifit the majority of champs for each role (if more junglers benifit from as than ad, id run an as build) (hplvl > mana5 because some mids dont use mana) etc.etc.

SeCKS Egai

03-16-2013

Quote:
iMoLaTiOn:
I do understand what you are saying, but Im a fairly new player so I will be playing pretty much every champ each free week, I want to get a generic rune build going so I don't have any major disadvantages going, Im just after a build that works well for "majority" of its role... I know this may not be ideal but its got to be better than having no runes, the thing is im always going to use them and I can still always buy more later.

So yeh, im after a generic set of rune pages that will benifit the majority of champs for each role (if more junglers benifit from as than ad, id run an as build) (hplvl > mana5 because some mids dont use mana) etc.etc.

You honestly don't need a ton of pages, but I'd say at least 3-5, preferably at least one for each role.

Popular ADC setup, particularly after the armor pen rune nerfs is:

9 Flat AD mark
3 Flat AD Quint
9 Flat Armor yellow
9 magic res glyph (flat or scaling depending on preference)

For AP just replace the marks/quints with runes of preference (AP flats for example or mag pen).

Flat armor yellows and mag res blues work really well on most pages, unless you're shooting for a specific number/stat boost.