Remove KDA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ofart

03-15-2013

Tracking anything except ranked adds stress rather than enjoyment and defies the point of playing a normal game. However, I'm proposing only a modest change.

This overly competitive environment is part of the reason people are frequently jerks. Stuff like KDA makes no sense to me. This isn't an FPS and success isn't measured by how many kills you get. An Akali with 15 kills of which half would have gone to the ADC isn't helping anyone. Meanwhile, a 0/5/10 Janna may be the hidden MVP.

There isn't any useful information coming from KDA and all it does is precipitate whining and feeding accusations. If you use it to see how fed someone is, you could just as easily look at their items. As far as how the team's doing, global gold would be far more relevant.

Having KDA displayed for each player in-game is anti-teamwork as I'm sure you've seen with the lengths some people go to for taking an easy kill from an ally. It's a ME ME ME orientation that is naturally going to lead to friction. Present all those stats after the game's over so people try less to one-up each other and more to work as a team. The focus should be on team objectives not personal results leading to blame games, stress and distractions. I actually think tracking KDA at all isn't healthy.

I love poker and and I can tell you that some rich people don't mind losing tens of thousands of dollars while messing around. By that, I mean playing every hand to suckout or running enormous bluffs over and over again. However, they still have egos and want to be respected. When results were publicly tracked for most poker sites, many were frustrated and it hurt the casual atmosphere. They were now reminded of their stats in game and called "donks", "fish" or "whales." That's why PokerStars paid huge sums for tracking sites like SharkScope and PokerTableRatings to block stats unless a player wanted them shown. I think the same thing happens in LoL. Players behave and play worse for it while having less fun.

ParagonShepard

03-15-2013

uhhh kda for supports should be high too assuming they're properly played since you are factoring assists....

DogInRealLife

03-15-2013

I have no legitimate reason to oppose this.

+1

Dewtrocity

03-15-2013

Does anyone even care about KDA? LIke, everyone tracks elo not KDA so I don't see what's wrong with it. I like to look at mine for certain champions sometimes just for fun.

ofart

03-15-2013

I guess you haven't seen the threads that begin with "I got X kills and everyone else was terribad!"

Cpt Joo

03-15-2013

but if i have 30 kills and you have 2
u justjelly cause mad

you want my proof take away

go back to your punish only tribunal date night

first you say i cant talk

now you say i cant even have my score displayed

ofart

03-15-2013

I've never used Tribunal and am against the idea of permanent bans as they work. You can be as self-absorbed as you want and look at all the pretty kills but NOT WHILE THE GAME'S IN PROGRESS. In- game, you're part of the Borg or Zerg hive mind and work with perfect synchrony for a common goal. Ego and blame are unknown to you. KDA information only distracts from that.

Cpt Joo

03-15-2013

actually it tells me alot

i know x champ has more gold
and champion y shouldnt be given blue or red

im just trolling your post to make a crack at the tribunal crybabies

i agree with end game gettin removed but not mid game

tempname950

03-15-2013

I've always suggested in the past to just merge "KDA" into 1 single thing, "Score", since even before dominion. This way, supports have a good score as well as carries.

xxElevation

Recruiter

03-15-2013

You can go both ways on this.

Yes there are those people that are more on the selfish side and play to "look good" and will even steal kills when they should let another player have it (i.e. a support taking a kill from an adc). Although this mainly happens in lower level games it can be a big issue. I've even had players on my time who were afraid to team fight after a while because they were 11-1 or something.

On the other side it's useful to see these stats because you can see which players are fed therefore who you need to focus first in a fight and that's important.