Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game] [Minor] Sivir's spectacular disappearing boomerang!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IndependentWoman

03-15-2013

Sivir's Q will on occasion disappear if you throw it, and walk so the boomerang disappears into the fog of war. I haven't used this on her default skin, or her Bandit skin. Just her Warrior Princess skin. (I mean, it's Xena. Why anything else?)

tl;dr/for that guy who always asks for reproc steps (Because he can't read what's been given!)
1. Be Sivir
2. Upgrade your Q
3. Throw the boomerang into any enemy from the opposing team and into the fog of war. Neutral minions have not been tested.
4. SPECTACULAR!

Edited because someone else has pointed out proper reproc.

Ursarring

03-15-2013

So you "saw" a invisible boomarang?

ShooopMedia

03-15-2013

Quote:
Ursarring:
So you "saw" a invisible boomarang?

I laughed way too hard at this.

Bidorr the Great

03-15-2013

I've been trying to repro this... No matter what I've tried to do, the boomerang always stays visible, even when it's well into the fog of war.

Are there any other details you can give?

EDIT: This just happened to me in a game, by complete coincidence. I'm gonna check the replay, see if it's still present there.

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

03-15-2013

Quote:
IndependentWoman:

tl;dr/for that guy who always asks for reproc steps (Because he can't read what's been given!)
1. Be Sivir
2. Upgrade your Q
3. Throw the boomerang so you can see it flying away, but so it goes into the fog of war before coming back.
3b. You can go to the river and throw your boomerang up the river, while walking away from your boomerang.
4. Your boomerang may come back invisible, may not. I have for a fact seen this happen.

Reproduction steps are just an easy way to discern the important stuff from the usual walls of text - in a clear, concise manner. It also shows that you've been able to reproduce something by following these same steps.

How often have you had this occur? Have you tried it recently? Do you have any replays you can watch of your Sivir game that would show you it going invisible?

Bidorr the Great

03-15-2013

Found it. How do I find & attach replay files?

In the meantime, I'm attaching screens of the bug, in chronological order.

1 - you can see me casting it, with the blade starting to fly

2 - the blade is about halfway through its flight

3 - this is where the blade disappears... you can actually still see the particles of the blade, but not the actual blade.

4 - a second or so later, when the blade should have been on its way back to Sivir.

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

03-15-2013

Quote:
Bidorr the Great:
Found it. How do I find & attach replay files?

Watch the replay, it will show up in your Replay Browser - after it shows up in your Replay Browser, it is then saved to your PC. Right click it within the Replay Browser, and click "Open in folder", it'll take you right to it. Make sure you find the one with the correct name.

To attach? I don't actually know. You can always let us know which replay it is in your match history and we can watch it yourself.

Bidorr the Great

03-15-2013

Quote:
WerewolfTrey:
Watch the replay, it will show up in your Replay Browser - after it shows up in your Replay Browser, it is then saved to your PC. Right click it within the Replay Browser, and click "Open in folder", it'll take you right to it. Make sure you find the one with the correct name.

To attach? I don't actually know. You can always let us know which replay it is in your match history and we can watch it yourself.

it's the first (most recent) replay in my browser. I added screens to my last post, and here's the replay file. The bug happened at about 13:09.

Still not sure how to repro it consistently. Gonna keep playing as sivir, see if I can get any more info.

Also I forgot how much I like Sivir

Bidorr the Great

03-15-2013

Just dropping in for a quick bump... played a few games as Sivir since my last post, and even when I tried doing exactly what I did in those screens, I still can't get it to happen again, and it hasn't happened at all since that one. I'll keep trying though... MAN I love Sivir.

EDIT: Also, was anyone else aware that her Q also scales .5AP, on top of the AD scaling?? I had no idea o.O

IndependentWoman

03-15-2013

Quote:
Bidorr the Great:
Just dropping in for a quick bump... played a few games as Sivir since my last post, and even when I tried doing exactly what I did in those screens, I still can't get it to happen again, and it hasn't happened at all since that one. I'll keep trying though... MAN I love Sivir.

EDIT: Also, was anyone else aware that her Q also scales .5AP, on top of the AD scaling?? I had no idea o.O

It does scale with .5 AP, but it also scales by +1.1 per bonus AD. I find that sivir is best built PURE AD. Five bloodthirsters, because her W also scales off of a 1:1 ratio.

Also sorry it took so long for me to update this thread on when it happened, it isn't frequent but it happens. I saw it twice in maybe three hours.

Also everyone on ARAM cries when they see my Sivir.

EDIT : Yes I did see an invisible boomerang twice.