Vi jungle tips & tricks NEEDED.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rademus

03-15-2013

Hi all reading, I just bought Vi and i absolutley love her. She looks really cool, sounds cool i like the icons for her abilities i like everything about her. She just has a cool retro feel to her. I need some tips on how to Jungle better with her, i have played maybe 10 games with her and lost about 8. I do fine in fights and team fights, i just am bad at ganking with her witch ik some smartass will say " how can you not gank with vi??" But i have trouble doing it. So any good Vi junglers please help me out on anything you think could help me. including builds you favor or certain summoner spells . Anything yu could do to make me a better Vi jungler it would be greatly appreciated thanks guys.

MrRecht

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Vi is pretty stronk. If you don't hit your q's, then your ganks will be very weak. Its best to leave the lane and try again later.

So If you want to clear camps, max your e first. If you want stellar ganks, max your q. If your ult is up, initiate with it, then q them right away since you jump behind them. It will hit them twoards your team. Its like how you gank with maokai.

Buildwise, I try to get the cdr part of the locket, and a brutalizer by mid game. Look up multiple builds online like on mobafire, and piece together YOUR own build that fits how you play. Understanding the Items in the game will take you far. Summoners are typically flash/smite. Ghost/exhaust are options for replacing flash. You always want smite for buff control. Hope this helps.

missou

03-15-2013

Don't get Brutalizer. That was accepted as her rush item for a while due to XJ9, but after her recent set of nerfs, it's no longer optimal. Rush for a Spirit of the Lizard Elder, then go tanky.

One of Vi's strengths is her monstrous clear time. Her entire kit is designed to help her tear through jungle camps and objectives. Although Vi's ganks are strong, be sure to take proper advantage of her clear speed by keeping a consistent clear path rather than trying to constantly gank.
Start with a point in W to help you clear red or blue at level 1, then max E. When you have blue buff, you generally want to clear by aiming a Q through each camp, which will leave the creeps lined up for your E's blast radius. Without blue buff, you just auto with a few E's thrown in.

Vi's pre-6 ganks...you pretty much just walk up behind an overextended enemy with your Q pre-charged, knock them back, and proceed to smack them around. Don't try too hard to grab a buttload of kills pre-6, just gank if an enemy is overextended and farm otherwise. Vi's ultimate is just such a powerful ganking tool that you want to get it as early as possible.

Post-6, you want to look for easy kill lanes. Ashe arrow, Malzahar suppress, Cho'Gath knockup+feast. Skills that either set up your ultimate or that can easily follow up on your ultimate. It's common logic to gank for lanes that are having trouble, but consider the following: these ganks are the often the least likely to be successful, as the enemy lane is stronger than yours. Instead, early on, look for the easy kills. Snowball your laner and snowball yourself. Once you're fed, it'll be much easier to gank for lanes that are having trouble, as you can effectively solo the enemy.

As for process...if possible, ultimate the enemy without having to burn Q. Waiting in the lane brush or getting behind them when they're overextended help with this. By doing this, once your ultimate is finished, you can tag the enemy with a pointblank Q. The short knockback briefly prevents them from using their escapes.
However, also realize that Vi's chain of gap closers gives her probably the singlest fastest distance clear in the game. Charge Q>Flash>Release Q>Ultimate allows you to bridge from being in the fog of war to on the enemy within a single second. This is generally used in lanes that you know can follow up on your ultimate. As an example, someone like Cho'Gath is ideal for this. Ruptures your target after he lands, silences to prevent escapes, then feasts. Not very much anyone can do to stop this, which is what makes Vi so potent as a jungler.

Nightwhite3

03-15-2013

Vi is my second favorite jungler for sure. I like to build Spirit of the Elder Lizard, Locket of the iron solari, Warmogs, boots are situational, Frozen Mallet, and Atmas Impaler. Vi's passive works great with health and you still get really good damage from this build and your W. As for ganking its pretty easy with your vault breaker and mallet. Your ultimate is also amazing to gank with.

Rademus

03-15-2013

thanks guys all the info is really helpful

Rademus

03-15-2013

ahh ok i figureed out my issue, i was building ad items, i buiilt tank items and did pretty good so ty

Elodin

03-16-2013

AD isn't bad for Vi at all, but you need to remember that she gets a good amount of damage/utility off her W and health scales better with her than other champions due to her passive, so tanky items are good. Be wary of Blade of the Ruined King though.

Pre-6 ganks on Vi take time to learn. You have to be able to land her Q, or you might as well leave the lane. Never gank without red either if you don't have your ult. After level 6, ganking becomes much easier, simply open with your ult if you can and then after the CC is done try to Q them to lock them down for a little longer. Be careful though, as they may try to flash after you ult them, you don't want to end up Qing away from them.

Vi can tear through the jungle and honestly is a pretty good duelist for the most part. Try to counter jungle on her when you get the chance and it's safe. A lot of people think jungling is only about ganks and, while ganks are important, the jungle is your consistant source of XP, so focus on that.

If you're playing less skilled players, remember that psychology plays an important role in the game. If you manage to gain first blood on somebody, try to gank them more. It's not guaranteed, but if you can make a person "feed" the enemy team will fight each other just as much as they do you.

Ward. It's important.

Always, always remember that your E has a long range. I've picked up more than a few kills by using E on a minion after a person has made it under their tower, that shockwave is great if you line it up right.

Never use your Vault Breaker lightly. Especially when you're counter jungling. You may get to their red a little faster, but that won't do you any good if you have three people come after you and you can't jump over that dragon wall.

I disagree with maxing Q first for better ganks. When you're ganking a lane, you'll probably get off one Q before either somebody is dead or they made it back under their tower. Maxing E first gives you faster minion clears and more damage for ganks, so I would say it's better by far. I do max Q second though, because W is fine as a one point wonder and sustained damage comes more into it's own in team fights late game.