Help with malzahar :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fluffyknowsyou

03-14-2013

Ok so in normal games I usually win without a problem,but in ranked they are smart enough to qss me to hell.

Is qss the end for a malzahar mid or am I bad and not doing something which could still make him viable?

ReasonablyInsec

03-14-2013

No, qss makes his ult useless and damage on everything highly reduced.
Once they get a QSS or Mercuial, it is over.

Fluffyknowsyou

03-14-2013

That's depressing

Oz SammyD X

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renegadem View Post
Wrong, bad Malzahar players say this, QSS will effect his laning a bit but it most certainly doesnt effect anything else he does, mid laner gets QSS? just gank other lanes its as simple as that, ask the jungler to gank you dont need Malzahar ult to secure a kill, also QSS removes the suppression it does not remove the damage so if the enemy is still in range they will continue to take damage from Malzahar ult even though they are able to move.

It is most certainly not over when the enemy gets QSS, you talk like a Malzahar that is still learning how to play, keep practising and you will eventually overcome the QSS which you seem to think is a major problem for Malzahar, but believe me it isnt...

Ziek88

03-15-2013

I recently started playing Malzahar and I'd have to agree with with Oz SammyD X. Every member of the team isn't going to get that item. Keep an eye on their builds. If you see someone get QSS, don't ult them. You're other abilities do plenty of damage. Save you're ult for that gamechanging moment. If you do a little "prep work" before team fights you can go in to it doing massive damage. When you know a teamfight is coming start dropping your E on minions and make sure they die before it expires. Doing this I've gotten as many as 3 E's going at the same time so when the fight breaks out 3 of the enemies have that eating their health right off the bat.

deathguard6

03-15-2013

minions are great for poking with generally if people clump its hard to get into range to q but puing an e on a minion will let it bounce a lot of the time and late game your e will kill any thing but a cannon mino so it should always bounce

in a team fight lay down your pool in the middle use your q where it seems best and look for a good target to q often you dont want to use it straight away as you will jsut be cc'd use it after a few secconds on the adc or who ever it is needed on

Toonetime

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renegadem View Post
Wrong. What SammyD said is right.

Not everyone on the enemy team is going to buy QSS. IMO, it's not very cost efficient for more than two at the very most to get. If their whole team is buying QSS, then your team has the advantage because you're buying damage items instead of items that break CC.

Like SammyD said, the QSS only breaks them out of the suppress. You still do tons of damage.

Malzahar is one of the hardest hitting AP Carries late game if you can get him farmed. Just ult the one that doesn't have QSS, and GG.