Where did all of the Valor players go ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Defendi

03-14-2013

I am still saving up....Around 5k now and it still has me wondering where did all of the Valor/Quinn players go. I expected to see more after that IP drop but nope. I haven't seen a single Valor pick in a few days now. Whats happen ? Or what didn't happen...

ricedream5

03-14-2013

So, she's quite hard to play, and I think results in lots of losses. It turned out that her steroid/escape also functions as a suicide button.

FDru

03-14-2013

Hah, yeah... if you have a stun or whatever queued up and she uses that kick, she basically just killed herself. It's pretty easy to lock her down if she's not careful.

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

She needs some QoL improvements.I also think her ratios are a little too low, but I'd much rather have:

-Shots in the air when harrier is applied should proc it.
-Should be able to double cast ult for instant damage (.5 second delay would be fine to avoid accidental double casting, but it's currently something like 2 seconds)
-Vault's damage is low because of the free passive proc. However, when you are in Valor form, you do not get the passive. Instead you get a 70% decaying slow instead of a 50% decaying slow. The extra slow is pointless because you have a 20% speed boost anyways. Valor form Vault should do more damage.

The ult needs some improvements in general. It's basically just a glorified ghost. They nerfed the damage on it while it was in PBE, I think that may have been a mistake. So much of Quinn's strength is in her passive, so the fact you lose that when you go in Valor form really hurts.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

the reason u dont see quinn is that she sucks

Defendi

03-15-2013

All of this is kind of interesting to hear because her kit looked/sounded so damn amazing. But ya I guess its true even tho i only encountered her one time...Her damage does seem to be lacking. But looking at her kit and the video again I just knew she would be the NEW Adc to pick.

konfetarius

03-15-2013

She is an ADC that is essentially without an ultimate, RNG screwing with her primary steroid, and her primary escape putting her INTO range of CC. ADCs are rare enough in and of themselves without such silliness.

I would totally be spamming her if she could be built AD caster/assassin, but alas, Riot decided that on top of wrecking her ultimate with stupid number of restrictions (transformation internal cooldown, removes her passive which is half her freaking steroid, melee range, massive cooldown) she needed to have her AD ratios made into after thoughts.

Talith PA

03-15-2013

Silly Konf. Her ultimate is the reason to play the champion.

wolferer

03-15-2013

Quinn also does have a lot of strengths.

1) She is very strong early game at the windmill. In an organized 4v4 fight Quinn is quite strong. The aoe blind is at its best, and she does a lot of damage with her passive.
2) Quinn is very mobile. She has 340 base move speed (tied with the highest amongst AD carries), and has a high mobility ult.
3) Quinn is very good at dueling AD carries and some bruisers due to her blind.
4) Smart use of Vault can be effective as an escape. Wait until your opponent is in melee range, and if they have CC, wait for it to be used, or Vault when they are using another skill and don't have time to react.
5) Quinn's Q is a decent ranged poke and is good at breaking captures.

You really have to use Q and E intelligently when playing Quinn. You need to maximize the effect of the 1.5 second blind, and you need to maximize the number of harrier procs you get.

konfetarius

03-15-2013

Yes, so why did they make it so freakin' bad?