The easiest way to win ARAMs - I have a ~95% win ratio.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalarepa

03-15-2013

I wouldn't really recommend chalice on all AP/mana heroes. For example, I start with 2x doran's on Yi. That's enough mana for him, plus extra AP means a lot with his scaling on meditation and alpha.
I also don't like CDR items, like Athene's on Yi. You need to maximaze your burst damage on single alpha, Lich Bane, sometimes DFG. You do enough damage to get reset or you're useless. Your team can't wait for another Alpha, even if you have 40% cdr. At least that's what I do on Yi and I don't think, I ever lost ARAM on him.
Another example is TF. You can get doran's early, but completing mana regen items on him is just waste of item slot, Imo. Blue card is enough.

Tear is better in certain situations, Imo. Athene's gives you useful CDR and a lot of mana regen - it's good for longer fight.
But Seraph simply gives you more AP and useful shield. It's great, if you want to have extra damage and shield right now, in one moment. For example to 1-shot enemy squishy and survive enemy burst.

Oh and don't forget about Morellonomicon. It's way better than Chalice vs strong healing teams.

@edit I also noticed on lolking, that you level 22 and you never build magic penetration (other than single flat 20mpen item) on your heroes. Which tells me, you're playing mostly vs low levels, who don't even buy MR.
When you will face better players, sometimes your Athene simply won't be good enough to deal with them. Sometimes you will need more mpen, lich bane, morello or something to deal with tanks. Sometimes enemy mage will burst you down with Seraph+RoA, before you even use the CDR from your Athene.

Shion SinX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

actually i like tear more. for AD's muramana increases the dmg output while for APs seraph is a must have

ToothDcay

03-17-2013

Let me quote from the League wiki about Manamune:

Quote:
Gold Value
250 mana = 500g
20 + 5 attack damage = 1000g
7 mana regeneration = 420g
Total Gold Value = 1920g

Passive Gold Value
750 mana = 1500g
20 attack damage (for every 1000 mana) = 800g

Total Gold Value (Fully Stacked) = 4020g

Manamune gives 1 attack damage per 50 mana. With its flat 20 bonus attack damage, it provides as much attack damage as a B. F. Sword at 1250 mana. Taking into account how much Manamune costs, it is less efficient than a B. F. Sword until 1878 mana, although it does help with early game mana issues.
So as an AD item Manamune isnt as bad as you say. It brings even some more Damage with the stacked toogle. The bonusmana on this thing is ass cheap, if not to say almost for free. You are able to spam your skills much more hence doing more damage (f.e. MFs who start with Manamune can use her E as harass, which has decent AOE and basedamage. MFs with Dorans must conserve Mana and mostly use it in engages only) . Its also more secure, because you have enough Mana for your escapes at all times.
You seem like a dead serious guy about this gamemode, but some people just wanna have fun in ARAMs. And for some part of this fun is being spamhappy with their skills and not to worry about Manaissues.

p.s. I use Manamune on Corki, MF, Sivir and Kog Maw. All the other carrys dont need the extra mana. note: Ezrael's Q is ass cheap (unless you like e,q,w heras then you definitly need a tear. note˛: Sheen start on Ezrael!!!), Kayle is not manahungry if you level her E first, and good Ashes just dont run oom.

regalic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBxCatOnFire View Post
~95% win ratio across all of my ARAMs, joining solo only, never partied with even one other person.

If you're a mana champion, build chalice.

Of course, you need to have some skill too, but, you'll literally have infinite mana from the beginning to the end.

The secrets out, chalice is the most overpowered item in aram by such an insanely large margin.

EDIT - Before some guy tries to be a smart-ass and say Ryze and TF should start with tear, I figured that would be implied.
Your 5 and 5 in your last 10 matches. Think your win % is a bit off.

The Codyman

03-17-2013

mana regen per missing mana, the chalice has been a staple for good players.

slayer90000284

03-18-2013

I think Tear is better. After you use tons of mana, you can hide in the bushes to regenerate. Also, Tear is a cheap item for the start of the game. I would recommend it to ranged mages, so they have time to get to them bushes.

Kalarepa

03-18-2013

You also have to remember, that you already have extra mana regen from PG aura, which is enough for many heroes. If you're spending item slot and money on Athene's, sometimes it's just overkill. You don't really need THAT much mana regen.

Wicked Trident

03-18-2013

this is about the oldest news ever...

Legít

03-18-2013

This thread is pretty misleading. It made me think that you had a way / idea / plan of attack that would help me to get 95%+ win ratio. Then I realized no, that won't work, because everyone can read this. That immediately removed the idea of getting a good win rate because of what I read on your post. It gives everyone the same odds as me. But anyways, I clicked on it, only to read it was for ap's / heavy mana users. You get these 95% of the time ? Pro.

JawniHawni

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer90000284 View Post
I think Tear is better. After you use tons of mana, you can hide in the bushes to regenerate. Also, Tear is a cheap item for the start of the game. I would recommend it to ranged mages, so they have time to get to them bushes.
That is true. In the long run Tear outweighs Chalice, since you'll end up having a bigger mana pool and your mana regen per level goes up. But early and mid in the game Chalice gives you a lot more mana regen as well as some magic resist which is a must in almost all ARAM games. Most people will go with an AP build for any champion they can, just because they can. It'll end up being down to preference whether you go with Tear or Chalice.

Then again if you're Singed, you should just go with Catalyst.