Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sword of the Divine - What would make this item more appealing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blubberburg

03-16-2013

If it didn't have anti-synergy with crit chance it would be alright, maybe if while active any crit chance you have over 100% did bonus damage or it lasted for the next X attacks, where X is 1 for every 30% crit chance rounded down (so the +100 crit gives the first 3 hits, next 20% crit gives an extra hit and any so on)
The more I think about this though the more i realise this wouldn't help this items cause at all.

Screw it, this item allowed this video to be made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StE-f3PqSQ8 does anything else matter?

Yakkers

03-23-2013

The game's meta not being extremely stale and strict would probably help
It's a really cool niche item, but it's rarely acceptable to buy it because it takes away from having the one good ADC build in the game.

TealNinje

03-24-2013

Quote:
Blubberburg:
If it didn't have anti-synergy with crit chance it would be alright, maybe if while active any crit chance you have over 100% did bonus damage or it lasted for the next X attacks, where X is 1 for every 30% crit chance rounded down (so the +100 crit gives the first 3 hits, next 20% crit gives an extra hit and any so on)
The more I think about this though the more i realise this wouldn't help this items cause at all.

Screw it, this item allowed this video to be made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StE-f3PqSQ8 does anything else matter?

I am disappoint.

Where is the Malphite 1v5 penta?

RockJockey

03-25-2013

Try Malphite or Poppy with an IE and a SotD.

Rawrful

03-25-2013

SotD is a midgame stomp item. Buy it on anyone with a huge AD steroid, gib people. Ever seen a Mundo who has been maxing Masochism pop DotD and smack you? Rengar ulting and dropping his entire burst + 3 DotD autos on whoever? It basically makes instakills if you do it right.

Of course, the longer the game goes on, the more the ganky style instagibbing is less important.

Faptain Teemo

03-26-2013

The attack speed bonus should gradually build back up, I think.This way you can slowly but surely regain the AS component and not have it be a big gamble item. On that note, gamble items really aren't healthy when you can possibly let your team down.

MMHSTerror

03-26-2013

It is nice on Shaco whose burst is just sad

Vhaegor

03-27-2013

How about they change it to 40% AS 40% Crit, 100% crit chance when activated for 3 seconds, 90 second cooldown, when on cooldown base stats are reduced to 30% each. would people us that?

kavinh the third

03-28-2013

that doesn't really do anything about the item if they really wanted to make it more appealing then don't remove the passive AS boost when u activate it.

MrPlace

03-29-2013

I use it on draven and its really funny. Get 2 axes going, E in and hit your SotD. Really a face melter (if you can catch)