Buff low Summoner Level jungling!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skrumpcious

03-14-2013

As we all know, unless if someone picks the right champ at lower summoner levels, its pretty hard to pull off.
A solution to that would be buffing Smite the first minutes of the game to get the jungler rolling. After so many minutes, to prevent easy Baron or Dragon in that case, bring it back to normal levels.

So say that someone with a summoner at level 5 wants to jungle, increase the damage of smite the first 5 minutes of the game to deal an additional 50% damage. (note I didn't do any math on it, just throwing out a random percentile as an example.)

Tuhnedr

03-14-2013

This would buff high level jungling way too much. The changes to the S3 jungle was done so that it would be harder to gank at early levels after the first clear, making smite stronger would completely negate those changes.

Also, not to mention that Jungle has toughest learning curves of any role in the game, so it makes sense that Jungling only becomes 100% viable after Lvl 20.

Skrumpcious

03-14-2013

Note that I mentioned that it should even out after a couple of levels back to how we normally have smite. It would literally be just for low summoner levels, not for level 30's. More of a quality of life buff for any new coming junglers.

Solemendal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2013

Or until you get to 30 they could have premade rune pages

ReasonablyInsec

03-14-2013

Or everyone gets Lee Sin and is forced to play bot customs until they can jungle.

Oz SammyD X

03-15-2013

Game is not based on low level of play, so no this wont happen and so it shouldnt...

MicKretz

03-15-2013

just gonna have to play 2 top 2 bot 1 mid like the rest of us had to until you get enough runes + masteries to pull it off...sorries

(besides, good luck getting a leash with low lvl's, used to never happen until i got much much higher)

FrazzledMelon

03-15-2013

Buffing smite by itself will not make it possible to jungle successfully at summoner 5. Without masteries and runes, most champs just can't sustain well enough to make jungling viable. In S2, it was fine to start jungling around 12-15 with the right champs. In S3, you can still start below 20, but it's harder than S2. Better to wait until 20 unless you're really serious about it.

AU Freo

03-15-2013

Stop smurfing. Problem solved.

Ziek88

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicKretz View Post
just gonna have to play 2 top 2 bot 1 mid like the rest of us had to until you get enough runes + masteries to pull it off...sorries

(besides, good luck getting a leash with low lvl's, used to never happen until i got much much higher)
Even at 30 people still won't leash. Drives me crazy.
Them: "Why aren't you ganking my lane!"
Me: "Remember when I asked for help to start jungle and nobody did? That put me behind on levels. Me ganking now is equal to a free kill for the other team."

Moral of the story, if you want ganks. Help your jungle.

Anywho, Buffing smite would mean early jungle would be way to easy at level 30. It's probably better that beginners can't jungle anyway. In the beginning levels most players barely understand the mechanics of the game. Even if you had a beginner who understood how to jungle, that will be pretty useless when the lanes you're trying to gank are pushed to tower all game because they don't yet know how to last hit. The leveling process is structured well to provide beginners a chance to learn the basics before being introduced to more advanced tactics.