Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Minor] Game client crashes after completion of a game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-14-2013

Description:
The game client randomly crashes upon exit, approximately 10% of the time. I'm greeted with the mac "This application has crashed unexpectedly" screen, with the buttons to Ignore or Report my crash log to Apple. The launcher remains running fine, and the postgame stats appear as usual. I'm able to start new games without issue.

I can't pin down a set of steps to reproduce it, as it happens so infrequently.

System Specifications:
Model iMac 27-inch, Late 2009
Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

I included 4 OS crash logs, but only 1 game & network log that corresponds to the latest OS crash log. The timestamps for the OS crashes are by game end, and the timestamps for the games are by game start, so they're difficult to match.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-27-2013

Update: Still happening, same frequency, on 10.8.3 now. I'm attaching two more sets of log files, hopefully I matched the times up properly.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-27-2013

Its still happening, though at a lower frequency, on the PBE client. Attached are all of my logs from the latest crash.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-29-2013

Another one, PBE client, frequency is now back up to around 10% of games played.

Le Grudge

04-29-2013

I had this happen to me for a few days... but then it stopped. It was very frustrating.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-05-2013

Another one, Live client, same frequency.

Negtharayas

05-15-2013

Not sure if this is the same issue, but also about 10% of the time, upon the completion of a match, the "match program" will exit, but the "server program" would not resume. After a while, I realized that it was still running [as whenever I relaunched LoL I would get the "there is already a process with this name running are you sure you want to terminate" message]. I figured out that if I expanded my minimized tray icons in the bottom right corner of my taskbar, LoL was still there and I could open it up and see the match results screen and proceed as normal... Not sure if this helps, but maybe!

DotAliscious

05-16-2013

I've experienced this before, though less frequently than 10%.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-19-2013

Another set of logs, live client, same frequency.