Who is Good in the Lane With Draven/Elise?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troy242621

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Well this is great news for you then because the best junglers are more TANKY and UTILITY based. You don't have to have an amazing start, successful ganks, and an aggressive mindset so much.
You can build Nocturne tanky just like many bruisers.

Junglers have less gold than a laner but more than support. Hence they tend to spend it on pure tanky items with some supporty goodness like Locket, with maybe 1 offensive item.
Xin is a popular choice (till nerfed) and he was played in an unusual way... he went PURE DEFENSE. Literally zero offensive items and used his skills to be able to deal decent damage and slow/knockup. I'd rather get 1 item like a brutalizer to Ghostblade which is a significant damage multiplier then tank up but that depends on how things are going.

Even the crappiest jungler who is doing lousy, getting counterjungled, and not making good ganks STILL STAYS RELEVANT due to the tankiness. They can still Shield everyone, go for enemy carry and force the enemy to do something about it.

I would read some jungle guides, check out some videos of tanky junglers and then try it out again. You dont have to commit to runes yet. The same ones will work fine with many.
I hate bruisers and tanks :\. They are the opposite of my play style in almost every fathomable way, and I loathe playing as one.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Hmm, well.... sorry bro! I just don't think you are gonna have a lot of luck.

To recap, you want a champ that emphasizes team play (like a jungler or support), except you don't want a tank/bruiser...which most support/junglers are. And you don't want a purely offensive jungler that relies heavily on ganks to avoid getting way behind.

My only other thought would be to play a Roaming AP caster. Ahri for example. She plays mid but has strong pushing ability and can go top or bottom to help the lane and gank, especially with her crazy mobility. Kassadin would be a similar playstyle.

Another possibility is to play a jungler that has some ranged abilities and isn't as bruiser-like. Elise comes to mind. She does build bruisery but has alot of flexibility in her playstyle. Your buddy can give you some tips too. Bonus!

Troy242621

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Hmm, well.... sorry bro! I just don't think you are gonna have a lot of luck.

To recap, you want a champ that emphasizes team play (like a jungler or support), except you don't want a tank/bruiser...which most support/junglers are. And you don't want a purely offensive jungler that relies heavily on ganks to avoid getting way behind.

My only other thought would be to play a Roaming AP caster. Ahri for example. She plays mid but has strong pushing ability and can go top or bottom to help the lane and gank, especially with her crazy mobility. Kassadin would be a similar playstyle.

Another possibility is to play a jungler that has some ranged abilities and isn't as bruiser-like. Elise comes to mind. She does build bruisery but has alot of flexibility in her playstyle. Your buddy can give you some tips too. Bonus!
I'm not stubborn, I'm flexible. I just really don't want a bruiser. I love squishy melee assassins, squishy archers like Twitch, anything with stealth, roaming as Evelynn, even tank as Cho'Gath. There's just something about bruisers that is just so contrary to my playstyle. I can't put my finger on it. Really, anything that isn't a bruiser, I'm game for. I like helping the team.

To clarify, I don't mind having a jungler that relies on ganks, I'm just bad at it right now.

Troy242621

03-15-2013

Think I might try a different MOBA. I've played to Lv 21 now, and the game seems to favor defense over offence in such a blatant way it hurts the fun. I love glass cannon builds in MMORPGs but evidently, they don't translate well here at all. I've even built hybrid but defense champions seem to still win out. It seems almost as if you need the free stats some champs have to flourish, since snowballing is so effective...How do I counter this at all without just playing a defense champion =\? I'm giving up on supporting the team, people seem to hate supports if they do anything wrong, then turn around and ask us to ward the tribush for them >.>. This toxicity is getting a little old.

totalwar235

03-15-2013

there are two people i would suggest you try jungling with. Tryndamere and Riven. both have weaker ganks and merely use the jungle as a giant farm. they excel at counter jungling or even jumping in a lane to push down the tower.

though after the laning phase you end up leaving the jungle with a half fed glass cannon that could be essential in team fights. just make sure you team plays it safe most of the time so no one feeds

Troy242621

03-15-2013

Sorry for the downer attitude. I really appreciate all the help, I'm just discouraged. It seems like my play style is literally the weakest option.

Tim Allen Talon

03-15-2013

I already stated in my first post about some match ups with draven

But if your looking for a fun bot lane to play

Go draven/kayle the early game damage is absurd In lane

whatamidoing

03-16-2013

draven nami

draven janna

and draven sona