Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Who is Good in the Lane With Draven/Elise?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troy242621

Senior Member

03-14-2013

My friend mains Draven and Elise. Who lanes well with them? Thanks in advance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madraac

Senior Member

03-14-2013

Elise is more of a solo lane champ that also works well within a teamfight due to her slows and jump, but if you wanted to run a lane with her, I would suggest any champs that have some form of hard CC, and preferably one that is AD based.

Draven is an ADC, which in case you are not aware means he needs to be "carried" into late game where he begins to shine. Typically, that would mean he would eventually lane with a support in ranked games or lvl 30 games. I am sort of guessing that you may not fall into either category at the moment.

If you want to focus on one champ that can work with both or solo I would suggest Volibear as he can do okay as support as most damage comes from stacking health and his W. He could lane with either champ in a varying capacity. Honestly, you can look at lots of champs or just select support champs to see who you may like to play alongside Draven. Soraka is a good choice for both, as she creates massive sustain for either champ, but she is not designed to get kills, but instead keep her team alive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tim Allen Talon

Senior Member

03-14-2013

Quote:
Troy242621:
My friend mains Draven and Elise. Who lanes well with them? Thanks in advance.



Draven/lulu
Draven/ Leona
Draven/taric
Draven/Draven


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troy242621

Senior Member

03-14-2013

Quote:
Madraac:
Elise is more of a solo lane champ that also works well within a teamfight due to her slows and jump, but if you wanted to run a lane with her, I would suggest any champs that have some form of hard CC, and preferably one that is AD based.

Draven is an ADC, which in case you are not aware means he needs to be "carried" into late game where he begins to shine. Typically, that would mean he would eventually lane with a support in ranked games or lvl 30 games. I am sort of guessing that you may not fall into either category at the moment.

If you want to focus on one champ that can work with both or solo I would suggest Volibear as he can do okay as support as most damage comes from stacking health and his W. He could lane with either champ in a varying capacity. Honestly, you can look at lots of champs or just select support champs to see who you may like to play alongside Draven. Soraka is a good choice for both, as she creates massive sustain for either champ, but she is not designed to get kills, but instead keep her team alive.


I know how carries work XD. I do also support a bit, I just dislike how little gold they generate and need to buy some runes to help alleviate some of that economic burden. I'd like anyone who can help Draven or Elise out, since I'm honestly more of a team player. I don't care if my name flies up on the board to show how epic my kill was, I just like the thought of commutative success. IE. Teamwork and closely-fought battles.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

Senior Member

03-14-2013

Your friend will be playing Elise in solo mid or solo top. In this case, it will be mostly irrelevant who you play to help them out.
If he plays Draven, then he will be paired with a SUPPORT champ and will be pissed if you try to lane with him with a non-support and steal his gold.


I would recommend you consider learning how to jungle. In this way you can help your friend no matter which lane he is in, plus the rest of your team. you also get more gold vs a true support champ who is poor as hell. You wont have to spring for GP10 Quints this way too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troy242621

Senior Member

03-14-2013

Quote:
Warrrrax:
Your friend will be playing Elise in solo mid or solo top. In this case, it will be mostly irrelevant who you play to help them out.
If he plays Draven, then he will be paired with a SUPPORT champ and will be pissed if you try to lane with him with a non-support and steal his gold.


I would recommend you consider learning how to jungle. In this way you can help your friend no matter which lane he is in, plus the rest of your team. you also get more gold vs a true support champ who is poor as hell. You wont have to spring for GP10 Quints this way too.


I've tried jungling and it's my favorite role, I'm just not any good at it. I've been told to invest the runes into it, but I doubt it'll help as much as I need. Only jungler I can pull off is Nocturne, and that's assuming I have a stellar early jungle. One slip up and I become irrelevant for the rest of the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madraac

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Voli can jungle and be an ok support as he has a great peel with his flip, as well as decent initiation due to his increased speed.

Most jungles need to maintain a presence and not die to be successful, but I believe that Noc is one of the junglers that needs kills versus assists to stay a bit more relevant. Your comment about Runes, if you are playing lvl 30 games, than Runes makes a huge difference during the early laning phases, and you should invest in generic runes as well as specialized roles. AD reds, armor yellows, MR/lvl Blues, and Move speed Quints is probably the most generic way to go, and meet your "basic" needs of both support or jungle.

Other jungler/support champs that could work are Ali (personally hate his jungle in S3), Malphite, & Amumu, but all 3 are often banned in regular ranked games. Xin is a strong jungler, but not really a support... however you could discuss with your friend running a kill lane on bot when using Draven, but you have to understand how to play that way, as you are otherwise going to be underfed one way or another. I cannot really think of any other champs right now that fit the Support / Jungle dual role very well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

missou

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Draven has the strongest earlygame of any ADC, so most aggressive supports will do great with him.
Taric/Thresh/Leona come to mind in particular. If this isn't ranked, then you could go for Blitz. Blitz goes well with anyone...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nightwhite3

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Draven is main and my favorite supports to lane with are Leona, Taric, Lulu or Nami


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Troy242621:
I've tried jungling and it's my favorite role, I'm just not any good at it. I've been told to invest the runes into it, but I doubt it'll help as much as I need. Only jungler I can pull off is Nocturne, and that's assuming I have a stellar early jungle. One slip up and I become irrelevant for the rest of the game.


Well this is great news for you then because the best junglers are more TANKY and UTILITY based. You don't have to have an amazing start, successful ganks, and an aggressive mindset so much.
You can build Nocturne tanky just like many bruisers.

Junglers have less gold than a laner but more than support. Hence they tend to spend it on pure tanky items with some supporty goodness like Locket, with maybe 1 offensive item.
Xin is a popular choice (till nerfed) and he was played in an unusual way... he went PURE DEFENSE. Literally zero offensive items and used his skills to be able to deal decent damage and slow/knockup. I'd rather get 1 item like a brutalizer to Ghostblade which is a significant damage multiplier then tank up but that depends on how things are going.

Even the crappiest jungler who is doing lousy, getting counterjungled, and not making good ganks STILL STAYS RELEVANT due to the tankiness. They can still Shield everyone, go for enemy carry and force the enemy to do something about it.


I would read some jungle guides, check out some videos of tanky junglers and then try it out again. You dont have to commit to runes yet. The same ones will work fine with many.


12