Thresh or Leona (soloque)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarathen

03-14-2013

Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying a FUN support and for now I'm thinking Thresh or Leona. I play mostly soloque and would like to hear whet more experienced support players have to say

AgniEx

03-14-2013

Leona has better initiations, more damage, and a much better tank then thresh. But Thresh is a ranged champion, has a hook and a very good disengage with his w. It's hard to say who is better. I like to look at it like this:

Thresh is good at saving lives

Leona is good at taking lives

(Both you need really good positioning)

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2013

solo que? depends on what rank kinda-id never trust running leona in bronze/silver unless i was duo q bot with a friend-leona CANT play passively-a passive leona is a useless leona pretty much.

and a leona that dives/initiates but doesnt have an adc thats ready to react is a dead leona.
too much risk in soloq IMO-id take thresh no doubt-ranged, good poke-if he lands a grab can net a kill. if he misses a grab hes still alive. and if your adc doesnt follow up on your grab thats fine too

toasteros

03-14-2013

Thresh is a safer bet, but Leona is awesome fun.

Sarathen

03-14-2013

I gotta wonder about his hook's usefullness though, it only pulls half the way and it does so rather slowly, doesn't it? How do you make it work with the people who might only react on Blitz hook that pulls enemy RIGHT INTO THEIR FACES? :P I mean, Thresh cannot pull through walls, can he?

visceralsimplex

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarathen View Post
I gotta wonder about his hook's usefullness though, it only pulls half the way and it does so rather slowly, doesn't it? How do you make it work with the people who might only react on Blitz hook that pulls enemy RIGHT INTO THEIR FACES? :P I mean, Thresh cannot pull through walls, can he?
Blitz's hook is quite linear in the fact that its function is to displace the target, pretty much right into your team. Thresh doesn't do that exactly, but it's a 1.5 second stun that helps close the gap a bit. Combined with Thresh E your ADC will be able to follow up for some good damage.

Thresh Hook also serves utility in that it can be an excellent engaging too. If you hook someone you can dash to them and push them towards your team while trapping them in your ult.

And yeah, you can dash over walls with the hook, but not pull someone through. It can make for some sweet jungle escapes though

Sarathen

03-15-2013

Thank you very much, visceralsimplex!

SeCKS Egai

03-16-2013

When I'm adc, I prefer thresh over Leona.

As support, I prefer neither of the two and tend to go taric or sona.

I like leona and think she's fun, but her lane presence can be a bit lacking. Thresh on the other hand has a definite lane presence.

Demither

03-16-2013

I honestly don't play Leona very much, but I can definitely vouch for the fact that Thresh is an incredibly fun champion to play, and his passive makes him very unique. I don't think people actually give Thresh enough credit for how tanky he can be. Thresh can take hits in lane, harass very well, initiate, and his lantern does about a million things.

His combo is tough to get down, and Flay takes a while to get used to, but all in all, I think he's a great champion, and I personally think I'd rather go against a Leona in lane than a Thresh.

whatamidoing

03-16-2013

both champs are excellent for securing kills but leona has a netter initiate while thresh plays more like a keepaway