Countering Singed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archer of Crecy

03-14-2013

How do you counter AP Singed in TT? As long as his teammates aren't totally useless, he's like an auto-win champ. You just play conservatively early game until Singed gets his build going (typically ROA > Boots of Swiftness > BFT and then eventually Rylai's and Wooglets), and then Singed goes where he pleases, runs everybody down, and owns everything in sight. Singed is so tanky, has so much damage and damage-over-time, and CC as well, that he counters even Teemo and Tryndamere, two strong TT champs. I've seen fed Tryndameres owned by Singed, I've seen Singed and his team go 1-4 or 2-6 to start out the game, and then come back and beat the **** out of the other team once Singed gets some items. Singed will tower dive, toss you out to his waiting teammates, toss goo in front of you so you can't get away, and watch you die. Late game, you can kill Singed's allies, and Singed will just triple-kills you afterwards. In fact, when I look at the stats at the end of the game Singed sometimes out-damages both his allies combined. So what are the best ways to counter AP singed? What champs/items/tactics are best to put an end to the dominance of this champ in TT? (And don't just say "Build lots of MR", because Singed usually comes with friends that do all physical damage, so you just die to them instead)

Wodenedow

03-14-2013

Some suggestions for Singed counters:
Kayle
Elise
Other champs with a ranged slow/stun/cc of some sort.

If he pushes the lane early gank him.

Edit: He is the strongest champ on TT so no counter will be perfect.

Edit 2: If Singed builds a BFT first, he will be pretty soft, I would suggest focusing him down if its an all out team fight. If he builds for Summoners Rift (Boots of Swiftness, ROA) he will not be nearly as much of a threat.

opcow

03-14-2013

I'd be interested to see some answers too.
So far I poke and try to zone him out of lane. Focus him early and often and back off late game. Focus on more on the objectives and less on actually defeating the enemy team.

Archer of Crecy

03-14-2013

I agree that focusing on objectives, such as towers, while avoiding team fights is good, but Singed is so fast that kiting him is very difficult. He can often just force you to fight by running you down. Maybe building Blade of the Ruined King might be a good counter?

gi3bnvd

03-14-2013

someone with mega-slow, such as nunu or zilean.
stay away and try to poke/kite him
poke him hard during laning phase.
EDIT: Just finished a game against singed. I was Zilean, and I kept slowing him and he could not do anything.

The Gift Horse

03-14-2013

Banshee's Veil - Singed only has one ability that can pop the spellshield, and that ability is Fling. Between the spellshield and the magic resist, it's going to slow his damage output significantly.

Rylai's Crystal Scepter - Especially if you are an AP carry. Helps to keep you out of Fling's reach, even if he manages to juke your CC. (Of course it will help only so much between his slow, ult and ghost)

Shields - Singed pretty much needs to fling to get rid of shields, they are very effective against DoT based champions.

-Shen is a strong against Singed. His global shield is extremely effective at keeping your allies alive and even provides windows for ganking. On top of which, Shen has his own shield that has a low cooldown, and can absorb the majority of Singed's poison damage.

-Vi is granted a shield from her passive that can help her shrug off Singed's poison as well, and she has two strong CC and two dash abilities, not to mention the ability to shred armor and deal %Health based damage.

-Nunu is extremely effective at disrupting Singed, and Consume makes it very hard for Singed to kill with his poison.

-Malphite has a nice shield as well, though it will only be good for one use per encounter. His slow also boosts his speed, making him extremely difficult to keep up with.

Findail1625

03-14-2013

I've seen Swain counter Singed on multiple occasions.

Geminex

03-14-2013

If you're afraid of singed in the long term, why not go Jax? If singed plays conservatively, you can farm up pretty easily and reach the lategame. And in the lategame Jax >>> Singed, I feel.

DrewRoid

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminex View Post
If you're afraid of singed in the long term, why not go Jax? If singed plays conservatively, you can farm up pretty easily and reach the lategame. And in the lategame Jax >>> Singed, I feel.
Yeah Jax is super strong on 3s even if he feeds early.

Heres a horror story. Jax and Singed on the same team. D:

Eloquid

03-15-2013

He's actually not autowin in S3, but was in S2. Lucky you if you wasn't there then I had around 80% win rate on TT with him.
The only real hard counters I noticed were Swain and Nocturne (just can't fling that guy because of his spellshield, plus ****load of damage).
This comming from player who mained Singed for very long time, these two champs are pure nightmare (ha, Noc pun.