Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What should I be doing on PBE?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Othniele

03-14-2013

I'm new to the PBE and excited to help out.

I understand that whenever I notice a bug I should report it, but I'm not sure what else to do on there? So far most of the games I've played seem to be just normal games. Should I be "hunting" for bugs and if so any suggestions on the best way to do it?

Thanks!

Wagons

Huntsman

03-14-2013

Depends on your style, I find the easiest way to find bugs is just to play multiple games normally as different champions as it gives me the biggest sample size. You can always join Public Chat 1 and group up with some people and test specific bugs or simply test the client itself buying things, etc.

Komeiji Koishi

03-14-2013

You can become a dedicated tester like one of these huntsmen here, who simply find out the reproduction steps for bugs that are already reported, or you can randomly stumble upon some during the course of some normal games, which is what the majority of the PBE population is designed to do.

24SevenEU

03-14-2013

If you're looking to becoming a Huntsman, then you gotta be putting bug hunting in front of just another casual match. You post all the bugs you find and haven't been reported yet.

Before posting a bug report look in the first two pages of these forums for the bug you want to report.
If there is a thread on the same subject, don't post your thread and comment in that one, this allows better organization.

If there is no thread on the subject hen post it yourself.

More info by vLemon: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2756076

Basicly, check these forums regurarly for new bugs and when there isn't any then play. But when you do find a bug report it in these forums.

namora

03-14-2013

Generally, play games. Then play some more games. Then keep playing. If you find any bugs, take note of them and see if you can reproduce them. If you just want to confirm bugs that have been found by others but untested, you can check on the forums or in Public Chat 1. Also if you plan on sticking around the PBE try to keep a positive attitude and a non-aggressive competitive view. Also, the other posts made here are absolutely correct.(except perhaps Mr. "ROTFL" who seems to have the notion that huntsmen aren't normal players like you or me :P)