Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimerdinger has the highest win rate in this map currently than kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

03-14-2013

Quote:
BuddhaRice:
Low elo or bots. People spam with him bots because his turrets alone can keep a 5 cap

This. Also, does no one recall inFe ed spamming Kassadin on his low level smurf and still getting to high elo?

DiscworldDeath

03-14-2013

Bots are not taken into account in their numbers.

As bad as it is in high Elo when one side has a dedicated bot lane player and the other team doesn't, in low Elo it's one side having a champion who's a bot lane bully and the other player not only knows how to play bot, but likely have a bad champion for the job either.

naotasan

03-14-2013

Fun fact: Lolking only collects some data, and not all data, so it's results are always inaccurate.

Sadly, Riot has all the information and refuses to share any of it for who knows why

Orphane

03-14-2013

Again, the disconnect between high and low elo Dominion is immense. There are pubstomper champions at low elo like Heimerdinger, Shaco, Rammus (sort of) that don't do nearly as well in high elo play where people understand how to counterplay them.

Rewenger

03-14-2013

You should check weekly or monthly chart, they are more accurate. Also, NA/EUNE/EUW charts are quite different.

lbgsloan

03-14-2013

Picking any bot laner who dominates when nobody comes to gank is a free win at lower elo. Not only will no one will gank, but players will often refuse to even help a captured bot in fear of the current bot ditching the point and making them do it.

Map needs to be adjusted, as bottom lane is perceived as the anti-fun zone in low elo. Such a zone shouldn't exist, and being forced into too many bad bottom lane matchups has been hurting the conversion rate of low elo into Dominion regulars since the map came out. Nobody wants to play Dominion so they can lane for 20 minutes.

Kholdstare13

03-14-2013

Himer is strong 1v1 bot, but highly susceptible to ganking. At low elo, people are just too tunnel-visioned to ever even glance at bot, and the lolking results include MOSTLY low elo games. There's also the problem with noobs with no idea how to play jumping on the kassadin train, ending up way above their elo, and failing horribly since they have no clue how to manage the mode or work with a team.

Pyroxite

03-14-2013

Long time Heimer player here. I feel he was a lot stronger in Dominion before the change to BFT. Heimer players face an irritating build path decision which exacerbates his weaknesses - mana regen and getting ganked.

If you build Wooglet's first, you'll have an easier time escaping ganks by using it in between grenades. Unfortunately, if you do build wooglet's first, your CDs are longer, your magic pen is lacking, and your mana regen sucks. The mana regen in particular is an issue, because without it you're forced to either stalemate the lane or try always control the mid health pack, which makes you even more vulnerable to ganks from the brush.

BFT has all of those wonderful stats Heimer needs, of course, and the passive gives rockets a nice bite to their already worthy damage. Unfortunately, the BFT now takes a lot longer to build and the only defensive thing about it is a bit of hp and the CD reduction helps your grenade, which combined with his ult is the sum total of Heimer's escape mechanism.

So, is he viable at high elo? Perhaps, but let's put it in perspective. I've logged about 600 games with Heimer, including about 130 ranked in SR, with a 68.8% win rate there, and at least 50 games of Dominion with him. Generally speaking I'm a decent dominion player, perhaps not quite high elo but headed in that direction. With all of that said, I do not think Heimer is a solid bot pick at high elo. If your map awareness is really superb, and you can avoid getting ganked because of it, then I would say he's an outstanding champ. Heimer can 1v1 many of the most popular bot picks. But if you fall to ganks with other champs, it will only get worse if you play Heimer at high elo. A lot worse.

That's my two cents, hope it was worthwhile.

Infirc

03-16-2013

Quote:
konfetarius:
Heimerdinger is a low elo pubstomper with almost non-existent mechanical skill requirements. The vast majority of people are low elo. Not much else to say.

i think flash ignite glassadins contribute to heimre's success at low elo particularly the ones that riftwalk in the middle of his grenade.

and no i don't riftwalk into grenades, i riftwalk into malphite's and wukong's ultimates so i fail... a lot... but when i do i fail with style

FDru

03-16-2013

Quote:
TribunalPunishU:
I not played heimen much, but I think if you can counter pick him is easy win. Like Cait aa, or take smith or Nunu. Then he need to go mana regan agianst those or he lose puching that heimen is picked for.

So heimen is for punching.