Off-Peak Hours

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ultramundane

03-14-2013

Disclaimer: I still haven't made the leap into ranked due to needing an extra rune page and refusing to buy anything with money.

Hello noble forum crawlers,

I was just wondering: does anyone else find that playing summoner's rift during off-peak hours is infinitely better than, let's say, after work?

Every now and then I get a game in when I wake up in the morning and I'm pretty sure I've won all of them and my teammates are always better.

I am interested to see whether this is exclusively anecdotal to my experiences or if there is a stronger trend happening there (i.e. less high school students, fresher morning minds, etc.)

TL;DR - Do you have better games and allies during off-peak hours?

Usurper7

03-14-2013

If it helps at all my time zone is US Pacific. I find that about 10am - 3pm on Monday - Friday has less trolls, little kids, and baddies in general. Long story short, play when kids are in school and trolls are busy.

Elsabet

03-14-2013

It's an interesting theory. The question is, who is playing at that time? Obviously a certain number of kids who faked sick to stay home and play LoL. Far fewer working people who called out, for sure. Then who? The unemployed. I mean granted, most of this group probably spend more time applying for jobs than playing LoL, but they do certainly have the opportunity. Maybe another significant group that plays during those hours consists of college students who are not in class at that time. Are college students maybe much better in general than their high school-aged counterparts?

CerberusCRW

03-14-2013

I have a bit of an odd work schedule and often find myself playing at around 1 to 4 am. So far, some of the worse people I've ran into were during these off-peak hours. Trolls, jerks, clueless weirdos, they always surface late at night. Of course, I've met my fair share of jerks and the likes during peak hours as well, but the ratio seems to go up dramatically after midnight.

gr8job

03-14-2013

My work schedule is odd as well, and I'm usually on between 12-7 am. Not the whole time, but that's my pool of free time. Most of the people I play with at this time are non-english speakers. This may be a timezone thing, I don't know. I'm just lucky enough to have some friends to play with so I don't have to deal with this lack of communication.

trackmaster

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabet View Post
It's an interesting theory. The question is, who is playing at that time? Obviously a certain number of kids who faked sick to stay home and play LoL. Far fewer working people who called out, for sure. Then who? The unemployed. I mean granted, most of this group probably spend more time applying for jobs than playing LoL, but they do certainly have the opportunity. Maybe another significant group that plays during those hours consists of college students who are not in class at that time. Are college students maybe much better in general than their high school-aged counterparts?
Well I'm in college so I have class at random times. So yeah.

Solemendal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2013

>.> you were not supposed to tell the trolls this