What are some good overall super carries?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiceDynamite

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabet View Post
If only there was some way to be on a team without one's own intelligence factoring in...
Glad you have nothing better to do than to continue annoying me. Elsabet, go away. Nobody likes you.

Elsabet

03-14-2013

C'mon you really set yourself up for that one. And anyway, I'm pretttyyyy sure you deserve to be in low Bronze. But if you reeeallly wanna know how to get out, and I think you've asked somewhat nicely... and since I'm actuuallyy very nice and cool and forgiving.. the answer is:

Darius
He can be kited much more easily than Garen, but he also hits harder. I run AD marks/quints and usually start with longsword. You should build a mix of damage and tankiness, but no matter how damage-y you build, attack speed is not good on him. Just AD- it's all about Q, and R of course. But I'm not kidding. He's absurdly easy to play.

NiceDynamite

03-14-2013

Yeah, I used to play him a lot upon release. I don't know, I don't really like him all that much. I'll probably give all the cheap champions another run through to see who I like the most though.

ChiSqrd

03-14-2013

Diana one of the best. As long as you can get yourself fed with or without the help of your jungler, you can just burst down their squishies as soon as you hit them with your q so you can go in with your ult and insta-kill them. Not to mention Diana is great at initiation with her Moonfall.

SeCKS Egai

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post
Most times it gets to a point where I'm the ONLY one warding. 225g for good map awareness and to not die? Sounds like a good investment to me.

and SeCKS, I know, but it's getting harder and harder. I mean, I know the whole "if you don't believe in bronze you'll climb out of it" thing, and I was so close, making it to bronze 1, then it's like the Elo gods decided they weren't having any of that. Shot all the way down to bronze 4. Obviously some of it was my fault, bad play, etc, but I'd say under 30% of my losses are actually my fault. Even if I start off poorly, I tend to make up for it lategame. And I don't just mean finishing with a higher K/D, since that's not what wins. I mean in terms of taking objectives, warding, dropping their carries in teamfights, etc.
Don't get me wrong, no one wants to be in bronze. I remember being fearful that placement was gonna put me in there when my icon was showing bronze before I had finished placement.

I started siv 3 and went all the way down to siv 5, and while a few losses I clearly played horribly, a lot of my losses weren't specifically my fault. However, there were a number of games where my actions indirectly led to a loss, like a close game where we just aced. My team goes to do baron and I look briefly and it looks like they can finish without me so I take down two towers. The enemy team comes after me and while I can probably escape, a teammate comes out and tries to aid my escape. I was probably already home free, but then I find myself turning around to try and kill my teammates target, only for the rest of the enemy team to show up moments later killing us both.

Later I notice they haven't taken baron.... they told me they only had a tank on half health and a support, but I figured with our Ryze they had the damage output, guess I was wrong, and if I had simply done baron and we all hit base, we probably would have won.

Sometimes it's not your specific play that makes the difference, but how others react. My logic at the time is that they'd grab baron and the enemy would be focused on me and chase so they'd also have advanced warning, but in hindsight I realized my team didn't trust their chances on baron without my adc and weren't willing to attempt it.

I wouldn't be looking for some super carry - you just can't assume you'll be able to run that role in ranked.

More than anything, I'd emphasize not being negative. Nothing demoralizes a team more than a negative attitude when someone struggles a bit early. If you think you're going to lose within the first 5 minutes and start to convince your teammates of that, you probably will.

I've even lost to a game where a teemo went 0/55/0 because their 4 worked better together than our 5.

azraiell

03-15-2013

Yi and tryndamere are champs that if they get fed enough it's gg for the opposing team, they can come in, take 1-2 ppl out then heal to full and repeat.