What are some good overall super carries?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yourcatmolested

03-14-2013

So, it's getting to the point where I'm about to be in Bronze 5. I started in bronze 2, and it's just been downhill the past 3 weeks. Now, I'm not saying I don't deserve bronze, but certainly not bronze 4/5. I'll start off doing well in agame then I just see my team start throwing, and I get discouraged, then I just stop playing well.

What are some champs that can carry incredibly hard? Even when you have 2-3 teammates who are offering absolutely no help? I main Brand, but he's not that great unless the enemy is grouped up. Which, if they are smarter than my team (which seems to be about 90% of the time) they won't. I can usually quickly burst down one of their carries before I myself die, then I just watch 4 of my teammates attack 4 different targets, and it's beyond frustrating. I'm literally about to just give up on the game.

TL;DR I need champions who can carry despite my teammates being dumber than rocks.

FrazzledMelon

03-14-2013

If you like mid, Talon is quite easy to play with a little practice, and carries hard at lower levels if you push and roam correctly.

Garen or Riven are both hard carries on top at lower levels.

Any ADC that doesn't rely too heavily on team support can carry a game, but they take a bit more skill to stay alive. I like Caitlyn and Twitch, but that's just me.

Garen is probably the easiest of these, simply because you can build him to be almost unkillable and still do a ton of damage. He can be kited by more skillful players, but that's not who you're playing against right now. :-)

And all of these guys are fine with the same runes, so if you play them all, you can carry from Bot, Mid or Top, depending on what your team needs.

Yourcatmolested

03-14-2013

I usually avoid Garen, purely because he seems like a cheap pick to me, but at this point I don't even care. If it takes me learning Garen, Master Yi, etc, I'll do it to escape low bronze -_- I usually always stuck to complicated champions with high payoffs, and it's done well for me, but even if I go like 10-2, trying to roam and help other lanes, things go downhill late game.

SeCKS Egai

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post

TL;DR I need champions who can carry despite my teammates being dumber than rocks.
If you want out of bronze, you gotta change that attitude first, regardless of what champ you play.

FrazzledMelon

03-14-2013

Quote:
even if I go like 10-2, trying to roam and help other lanes, things go downhill late game.
Remember, it's all about map objectives and map control. Going 10-2 is great, but make sure you're taking down towers, taking a dragon after a successful gank, and ward like crazy.

Yourcatmolested

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrazzledMelon View Post
Remember, it's all about map objectives and map control. Going 10-2 is great, but make sure you're taking down towers, taking a dragon after a successful gank, and ward like crazy.
Most times it gets to a point where I'm the ONLY one warding. 225g for good map awareness and to not die? Sounds like a good investment to me.

and SeCKS, I know, but it's getting harder and harder. I mean, I know the whole "if you don't believe in bronze you'll climb out of it" thing, and I was so close, making it to bronze 1, then it's like the Elo gods decided they weren't having any of that. Shot all the way down to bronze 4. Obviously some of it was my fault, bad play, etc, but I'd say under 30% of my losses are actually my fault. Even if I start off poorly, I tend to make up for it lategame. And I don't just mean finishing with a higher K/D, since that's not what wins. I mean in terms of taking objectives, warding, dropping their carries in teamfights, etc.

Pyknicxo

03-14-2013

i would suggest akali... i have gone from bronze 4 to silver 2 with over 90 percent of my games of her (lol at the amount of games i have played but i was at one stage 80 losses to 60 wins)... easy to get out of bronze but once higher silver and higher mmr (being matched with gold 3+) people know how to outplay me cuz i'm pretty bad... but back to akali she is the easiest champ to learn and play but one of the hardest to master (situationally dependant on build, opposing team comp (not single opponent) and positioning like every other champ herpa derp but your job is to jump to the back lines so you are more vulnerable) but learn to play her your own way... i play suicide akali (similar to akali syndrome players) and very aggresive pre-6 for lane dominance, you may die due to overextending and harassing but it works out because say you vs some champ you don't want to get fed but you get ganked/camped a lot but your farm surpasses opposing opponent by a crapload... you still have done your job cuz towers> minions > kills... but try to always only stay no more than 2 kills behind (i usually just trade).

X Temp X

03-14-2013

You might try Ryze. He can be easily countered in mid but if you get the right match up, allow him to farm well, then he gets super scary late game. I myself have carried teams with him. I havent finished my placements yet so take what I say with a grain of salt but I did go 14-2-14 in my last ranked placement match with him.

Yourcatmolested

03-14-2013

Akali is a champion I recently picked up and I've had some decent success with. She definitely seems fun. Suicide Akali seems to be the way to go. As long as I can drop their carries, I don't mind dying. And I'll have to try Ryze out. I always wanted to try him but never did. Thanks for the input so far, everyone.

Elsabet

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post
if they are smarter than my team (which seems to be about 90% of the time)
If only there was some way to be on a team without one's own intelligence factoring in...