Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Uhh guess I'm at a dead end...for now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

03-17-2013

Within this genre, not really. They all use that same DOTA-style map format, and they all play out the same. As mentioned ARAM is about your best bet if you want to continue with LoL.

If you want an action game with a bit of depth to it you could try World of Tanks. The game has some horrific grind and there's no ladder or 'elo system' so matches are often lopsided curbstomps; but it gets better once you realize there isn't actually a point to going all the way to the end tier tanks and you can just play the low-mid tier tanks you find fun. Games are short despite being 14v14, and you're not trapped in games like MOBAs. You only get one life per match, so if you get a fail team with no hope of winning you can just kamikaze and start a new match. You can easily get in 5-6 matches in the time of one Summoner's Right match, and your XP (ie IP) per match is based on damage not gametime so as long as you get your damage in it doesn't matter if it's a 3 minute stomp. Why yes, I am terrible at it.

Honestly though, Relic needs to hurry the hell up with Company of Heroes 2. I desperately need a new RTS that isn't Starcraft. Dawn of War 2 and the Sins of Solar Empire expansion kind of sucked, so I'm in RTS withdrawl.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wingstreet

03-17-2013

Quote:
OxBaker:
Not sure if it's out yet but Smite: Domination is supposed to be a Dominion knockoff. Just for the fact that there's no Kass means it's obviously going to be more balanced than this mode so you should give it a try.

http://www.rtsguru.com/game/451/article/4708/Whats-SMITEs-Domination-Mode-All-About.html

and then you meet YMIR. hopefully he got nerfed since i played. he was insane... a tank that can destroy people with just tank items.