Uhh guess I'm at a dead end...for now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baldbagger

03-14-2013

I really only play dominion because SR and TT don't do it too much for that quick satisfying game experience...
but the Kassadin plague has made me feel like lately its too discouraging to play this game mode so that kind of means League is gettin a bit stale (still love love this game though).

sooooo is there anything at all out there to play that'll scratch the same itch?

somehow I already know the answer

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2013

Join the Dominate DOminion chatrooms, Dominion players do plenty of inhouses where kassadin is banned.

hope i helped

OxBaker

03-14-2013

Not sure if it's out yet but Smite: Domination is supposed to be a Dominion knockoff. Just for the fact that there's no Kass means it's obviously going to be more balanced than this mode so you should give it a try.

http://www.rtsguru.com/game/451/arti...All-About.html

IronAegis

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
Not sure if it's out yet but Smite: Domination is supposed to be a Dominion knockoff. Just for the fact that there's no Kass means it's obviously going to be more balanced than this mode so you should give it a try.

http://www.rtsguru.com/game/451/arti...All-About.html
Wow! I might actually play SMITE just for this! I tried the game came came away with "meh" but it might actually be a lot of fun to play Dominion style.

Herboss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2013

I really didn't like Smite as much of a good idea as it sounded. I got recommended this game that is in open beta atm and will be free to play. Apparently a far better World of Planes.

War Thunder

I'm in the same boat, Dominion is now a struggle to play due to lack of ranked, and SR bores the sht out of me and I HATE the fact it's so incredibly important as to who is better at killing (farming) NPC's for the first 15-20 minutes of the game...

Torkable

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herboss View Post
I really didn't like Smite as much of a good idea as it sounded. I got recommended this game that is in open beta atm and will be free to play. Apparently a far better World of Planes.

War Thunder

I'm in the same boat, Dominion is now a struggle to play due to lack of ranked, and SR bores the sht out of me and I HATE the fact it's so incredibly important as to who is better at killing (farming) NPC's for the first 15-20 minutes of the game...
lol wtf does a WWII flight sim have to do with this?

Eloquid

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herboss View Post

War Thunder

That War Thunder game seems very interesting. There's co-op and huge amount of vehicles. I'm in. LoL is getting worse every day anyway.

Torkable

03-17-2013

After the last two patches riot has(imo) totally ****ed the queue and its hard for me to play, so I tried some other game, several that I had never played before and some that I have put many hours into but hadn't played for a bit:

Spent several years playing HoN "seriously" and went back to check out if they had any new game modes(crossed fingers for dom-like map). They didn't, I played a few games, it was fun, but it was like taking a step back in gameplay. The meta game is the exact same and non-scaling abilities means casters get left in the dust and are really just simple cc bots after mid game. Tons of problems but I'll spare you a rant.

Tried out some dota2. Worse than HoN. There are champs that were broken in the original 5 years ago that havn't been touched, and are still broken. Its tedious as ****. The thing that REALLY killed it for me was the UI. The ui takes up 50% of my screen, and cannot be adjusted, and you cannot enable smartcasting, which sucks. There is a bar across the top, stuff on the side, and then the bottom screen UI is just massive. The skill icons are HUGE and are next to an animated portrait of your champ that literally server 0 purpose but to take up space and cannot be removed. So the UI comes in from the top and bottom far too much and leaves me with 1/3 of my screen as an actual view of the game so I'm playing in like ultra-wide screen format and too zoomed in and I cant see ****. Then I die and decides to...ikd rub it in my face and pops up multiple ui tiles featuring the other player and their stats and a nice animated portrait of them encase I wanted to see what they would look like in person...

I looked at the forums for clues about why this stuff is there, and the common answer is that, "top players like it that way, so deal with it". I found several posts on the forums asking for smart casting and the answer was, "Not everyone wants it, so no one gets it." I then found a youtube video that hacks smartcasting into his game by mapping his hotkeys to select and click at the same time by editing his config file, its takes 5 minutes. So super close minded and just plain lazy devs with a bloated UI. I played 4 games I think. The first game 7 people left as soon as the game loaded. The second game I had a brazilian streaming some **** congo music through the in game voip and feeding/afking, and the third game I had a guy get first blooded and instantly dc.
Never change dota.
So whew, there's the 2 major moba competitors.

Went back to bloodlines for a bit, the community chased me right back out. As some of you may know, I am what some of you would consider a "toxic" player at times, and I have an extremely thick skin when it comes to **** talk, it really doesn't get to me, often. But I load up BLC, pick my favorite guy, astromancer(healer), and procede to bust out not only top healing, but third best dmg of the match, and we win by a landslide. Now that sounds great right? Every. Single. Round. My team was raging in chat more than playing, about how terrible a healer I was, how noob I was, how retarded I am, everything, I am literally sitting there carrying the match, we dont lose a single round, and my team is frothing at the mouth. This happened 4 matches. I won 3. Bleh.
The gameplay is extremely fun to me, its marketed as wow-arena-like gameplay, which I think is accurate. If you have friends to play it with then go for it imo, but playing solo you will probably face an incredible amount of **** talk.

Tried out smite, and its a ton of fun. Just like LoL the "classic" or sr-ish game mode is boring as hell but the dominion and arena modes are srs fun. I don't think anyone will totally jump ship from LoL to smite because despite the large number of similarities(items that appear to be ripped straight outa LoL for example), it has a completely different feel and experience. The games were fun and pretty brutal and witnessed no raging even on a loss. The adc and assassin champs are crazy deadly late game and the casters get just stomped on in my xp. I had much, much more fun playing adc.

tl;dr despite many problems, the rest are worse, but try out smite.

Ohforfsake

03-17-2013

The best MOBA I ever played was a game called Dawnspire. It was a very indi game, and came out about at least a year before LOL launched. I stopped playing mainly because the servers were mostly Euro based, and the lag was painful at times. If you're really in need though, check it out. I believe it's still running somewhat, just has a very small playerbase and servers.

Purpleskoal

03-17-2013

You could try ARAM.