Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New account - Game crashes once champ select done

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TR0N

03-13-2013

Still learning how you guys want bugs reported. I was one of the new accounts that had the black screen issue. Just patched, got logged in, level 1 account.

Went into champ select, selected MF, realized I'd not set Masteries. Went into masteries, made a couple of selections, settled on +27 Health at level 18. Closed page.

Was prompted if I wanted to save Masteries. Selected Yes. Locked in champ, was last one to lock in. Game went to start, then crashed with the following report to Apple. In that Apple window, it asked if I wanted to Relaunch. I did, now I'm stuck with the game trying to: "Retrieving Data From Server".

Will try to kill it completely and relaunch.

Quote:

Process: LoLLauncher [1006]
Path: /Applications/LOL PBE/RADS/projects/lol_launcher/releases/0.0.0.64/deploy/LoLLauncher.app/Contents/MacOS/LoLLauncher
Identifier: com.riotgames.LeagueofLegends.Launcher
Version: 1.0 (1)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: UserKernel [1005]

Date/Time: 2013-03-13 21:00:34.705 -0800
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Report Version: 6

<snip>

TR0N

03-13-2013

Okay, had to hard kill the client (kill -9 from the CLI). Launched the game, got logged in, it said game was still active, would I like to rejoin. I selected "Yes" and it instantly crashed again, in the same way.

There are supposed to be LoL logs somewhere. I will try to find them and attach to this thread. Info about my system:

OS X 10.6.8

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

TR0N

03-13-2013

Okay. I disabled my firewall. Still crashes. Followed instructions to find the logs, and I don't have a LOL folder in Contents.

The first game I tried with my new account, I was level 1. It should be noted that the next time I logged in, i was level 30 with IP and RP.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-13-2013

Quote:
TinFoilFedora:
The first game I tried with my new account, I was level 1. It should be noted that the next time I logged in, i was level 30 with IP and RP.

This happens to all new accounts. While there was a number 1 over your summoner icon in the client, if you had tried to go to the Masteries page, you'd have noticed you had full level 30 mastery points. The IP and RP is handed out within an hour of first logging in. The graphical issues showing you as level 1 are fixed by re-logging in.

[Mac][PBE][Platform][Critical] Crashes when launching a game

Quote:
TinFoilFedora:
Game went to start, then crashed with the following report to Apple. In that Apple window, it asked if I wanted to Relaunch. I did, now I'm stuck with the game trying to: "Retrieving Data From Server".

Will try to kill it completely and relaunch.

I'm experiencing this issue as well. It happens whenever a game is about to reach champion selection. In fact, it never even opens the League of Legends.app program. The LoLClient program minimizes, then nothing happens. A crash file immediately appears in Console. If you restore the LoLClient window, it simply displays a blank screen for a few minutes, then eventually shows a Maestro Error and asks you to restart the client. Restarting the client ends up showing you a game im progress window, which causes the same error when you try to reconnect.

I've reproduced the error with Coop-vs-AI games, Custom games, and Tutorial games.

Closing the client, rebooting, and/or reinstalling the PBE client do nothing to fix this error.

iPudding

03-14-2013

got this happen to

iPudding

03-14-2013

heres my log

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-14-2013

Quote:
TasPlastic:
got this happen to

Can you edit your post to remove the crash log text, and instead attach the log as a text file?

ninbushido

03-14-2013

Same problem here. Looks like I'm not the only one.

Ceburs

03-14-2013

Similar Problem here, except If I don't kill it I get a maestro error returned after awhile.

TR0N

03-14-2013

To clarify, my crashing issue is occurring AFTER champ select, when the screen showing everyone's champs loading is supposed to display.

Is it unusual that I don't have the crash logs you guys are referring to? To find them, I've gone to:

~/Applications/LOL PBE/ and right clicked on the "Play League Of Legends" executable. I then clicked on "Show Package Contents". In the "Contents" folder, I only have the following directories/files:

_CodeSignature
Framesworks
Info.plist (file)
MacOs
PkgInfo (file)
Resources