Qi'Vanas, Daughter of the Void

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

03-15-2013

Dark Heresy or CoC?

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
More Red Posts in Champion Concepts?

Could this be...a new trend?
Sure, but please take note that 99% of the posts are from Reds who have nothing to do with champion-design.

The designers have a policy to shun this forum in order to avoid legality issues.
That won't change - Ever.

Slayer Kast

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
Sure, but please take note that 99% of the posts are from Reds who have nothing to do with champion-design.

The designers have a policy to shun this forum in order to avoid legality issues.
That won't change - Ever.
It's okay, bro. This is all for fun.

TheEnygma

03-15-2013

one weird little feedback is her name. Now it may not be official canon or anything but from what I've seen, anything that came from the Void has the apostrophe style name (Kha'zix, Cho'gath) while anything corrupted by the Void keeps their original name (Malzahar, Kassadin) so her name kind of doesn't fit if she was taken into the Void

Super Explosion

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
one weird little feedback is her name. Now it may not be official canon or anything but from what I've seen, anything that came from the Void has the apostrophe style name (Kha'zix, Cho'gath) while anything corrupted by the Void keeps their original name (Malzahar, Kassadin) so her name kind of doesn't fit if she was taken into the Void
Mayhaps she has a tad more darkness inside her.

Although a potential trouble with the name may be the phonetic similarity to "Shyvanna".

A Master Shaco

03-15-2013

This would make for an interesting jungler

Slayer Kast

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Mayhaps she has a tad more darkness inside her.

Although a potential trouble with the name may be the phonetic similarity to "Shyvanna".
What I was going for is, one she had fully been corrupted by the Void and no longer saw herself as a human, her old human name didn't matter anymore - the name she was given by the Void behemoth, Qi'Vanas, was who she now identified as. Additionally, a canon name for Kassadin's daughter is never given, so I didn't want to impede on that.

I can see the issue with how close it sounds to Shyvana, though. That wasn't intended, as her name changed during the process from Qi'Veras to Qi'Vanas (after looking up Lovecraftian characters and names).

Slayer Kast

03-15-2013

Updated with some quick lines and interactions! Additionally, Horrorterror's active cooldown has been changed to a flat 15 seconds, from 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 seconds.

Kauljrhn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Concerning her lore and her name:

The champion’s naming convention following the creatures (rather than humans) is interesting. I don’t like the name, though, and I agree that it could have conflicts with Shyvana’s name.

I am very much interested in the story of Kassadin’s daughter- I have made a design of her myself. The reunion with her father is described relatively well, but I greatly dislike the stories that simply involved the Institute of War summoning beings from any plane at any time to enslave for their amusement. Perhaps they searched for her at Kassadin’s request, but their seemingly god-like power and reach across dimensions is annoying. I don’t like the big imp- I’m not sure I care for the imps at all. Imps are less interesting than what the Void has popped out so far- Voidlings, Cho’Gath, Kog’Maw, Kha’Zix. Her transformation to basically side with the Void is an aspect I do like.

Concerning her skills:

I want to summarize the skills to get to the essence of the character’s abilities and gameplay. I feel that the numbers, though perhaps thought out, cannot reflect all that much about the gameplay of the character- and therefore the strength of the concept. More than that, they clutter up the presentation of the design. I know most concepts posted on here have the stats, etc. As a reader I can get a better feeling about how the character works in as succinct a description as possible that affords me a mental image of playing the character.

So here is my summary of this character's abilities:

Passive - Voidling Imps
gain buffs for every 1/4th of resource bar that is full
1 – small increase to attack speed
2 – slightly reduce charge time of [attack ward] ammo
3 – small increase to movement speed
4 - on next basic attack, gain HP equal to a small percentage of the damage. short cooldown on the effect.

Q - Corrupted Swipe
On next basic attack, deal additional magic damage to all enemies in a cone behind the target. AD scaling increases with ability level (medium to high), medium-small AP scaling. If a single target is hit, deal increased damage and add a slow effect. Short cooldown.

W - Void Jump
Dash in a direction, becoming untargetable and dealing damage to all enemies passed through. Ignores terrain. Medium cooldown.

E – Horrorterror
Passive: Periodically gain charges for this skill- up to 3.
Active: place a creature that acts as a ward for up to a minute. If an enemy gets close, the creature chases for a short while and then explodes, dealing magic damage and fearing all nearby enemies.

R – Void King’s Grasp
Originally I read the skill as:
For a short duration, gain additional attack range and all Voidling Imp buffs. Cast again to pull target enemy champion to you, slowing and dealing damage to enemies caught in the impact of the initial damage. Standard ultimate cooldown.
Then I realized it probably means:
For a short duration, gain additional attack range and all Voidling Imp buffs. Cast again to damage target enemy champion, forcing enemies caught in the impact toward the center and dealing damage to them. Standard ultimate cooldown.

Here are my thoughts on how this champion operates and what I think that might mean:

I could see the character playing kind of like Diana- mid or jungle being possibilities. The character doesn’t possess any ranged harass unless you count the Terror creature, but if its activation is delayed, that ability would work like a trap- being more reactive than proactive. The character’s attempts at harass in melee could prove very costly without access to a shield or heal- she requires full Corruption to maintain her ability to heal on basic attacks. The dash makes her untargetable, but that would seemingly be used to jump into melee range to start the exchange.

The separate cooldowns on activating and acquiring charges of the Terrors seems pointless, but perhaps I’m not seeing your intended use of the ability. I get the impression that it works as an aggressive ward that is possibly to help the character jungle.

The E seems strongly support- and/or jungler-oriented, but the other three skills scream AP carry. The E is also the most interesting skill to me.

Her resource is not used by any of her skills. It generates and maintains itself much like Fury, but there is no expenditure of the effect in order to make the resource fluctuate. It seems that once Corruption is generated, it will only go away after a fight. Fury characters, like Renekton and Tryndamere, get an additional effect on the skills that use the Fury points, and the Fury is then consumed. Rumble must manage his Heat so that he overheats when he wants to and not by mistake.

Some questions for the designer:

What is the intended use of the Horrorterrors?

Why are they called Horrorterrors? That is a very odd term to create for the ability.

Where do you intend for the character to play? jungler/mid?

Do you have an intention for how the character plays in the jungle or in lane? What sorts of actions does the character take at any given moment?

Why would someone want to play this champion? What fun mechanics and gameplay loops does she have to offer?

Why does her resource not get consumed by any of her skills?

Zombiepaste

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNate View Post
I like this overhaul a lot!
too bad we never see a champ that's fan made