Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Platform][Major] Unable to log off.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fightback

03-13-2013

This has only started tonight. When I go to exit the client from the Main Platform Screen by using the X in the top right corner, the "Do you wish to log off" Menu comes up but neither button does anything. Client stays like this until I either end the process or restart the client and force it to close.

I have been able to reproduce this every time by simply:

1. Log in
2. Wait 5 secs
3. Log off
4. Log off bug.

Let me know if there are any logs I need to submit.

Further Details (Consolidated the first 3 pages):

Quote:
razormadness:
same problem, it shows me the option to exit the platform and the background dimmed but the icon for my mouse is a clock which is usually when the client is about to shut down, but it stays with the clock icon and the option to exit the client

Quote:
Othniele:
Same problem, additional details.

When I first logged into PBE (last night during black screen issue), I had to CTRL ALT DELETE to get out of the program due to this very issue.

When I mouse over the "Exit Now?" Box, My cursor disappears, but I can still tell where it is because "Yes" and "No" light up when I hover over them. Neither "Yes" nor "No" works and the only solution I can find is to end task.

Also, there is the ticking time clock when my cursor is out of the "Exit Now" box but elsewhere in the client.

Quote:
JellyBagelxx:
I tried waiting for the client to close by itself for a few minutes, but it just freezes.

Agrexis

03-13-2013

I had the same thing happen to me aswell

HiddenSpikeTrap

03-13-2013

I've had this happen too earlier today. I meant to make a topic about it, but forgot so thanks for making it. XD

Anyway, this happened twice so far.

Bidorr the Great

03-13-2013

oops, shoulda checked if someone reported this before starting my own thread.

When it happens to you, does the "are you sure you want to log out" dialog stay up, and even when you click yes, it still just sits there?

ShakillONeal

03-13-2013

Confirmed, happens to me all the time as well. My account is new, I was even getting this bug during the period where there was a black screen for new accounts.

Sir Azural

03-13-2013

I had this happen to me last night. I'll see if I'm still having the issue with the new patch.

Edit: It does still occur.

PHYSCORELLIK

03-13-2013

Same happens to me.

Arrivan

03-14-2013

I've also had this problem.

razormadness

03-14-2013

same problem, it shows me the option to exit the platform and the background dimmed but the icon for my mouse is a clock which is usually when the client is about to shut down, but it stays with the clock icon and the option to exit the client

DarkCrimsonDeath

03-14-2013

just close it using task manager.