Hard time with Fizz lately :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcornGames

03-13-2013

Hey guys,

So ive started playing Fizz again. He was one of the first champions I played when I was starting out in LoL ( Before level 30 ) and I always wrecked with him.

Since ive picked him up again however ive noticed that my damage isn't as high as it use to be and im not sure how to capitalize on his high starting damage anymore.

This is what ive been using so far;
21-9-0

AP Quintessences
AP Glyphs
MP Marks
Armor or MR Seals. ( Usually Armor )

Im not sure what I should do anymore.
An even blend of MR and AP for both damage and survivability?
MP Quints/Marks with AP glyphs for heavy Magic Penetration?

Im also curious to know if there are any lane opponents that you would put your first point into E for as opposed to the usual W.

TheFriendlyUncle

03-13-2013

what do you build/max

SirHC Esquire

03-13-2013

I have been playing fizz a lot lately and what I have been doing is running 21/9/0, MP reds AP blues HP yellows and AP quints as far as items go I rush litch bane then ice born if everything is going fine by that time people not only can't handle you but they can't get away either. because his q procs both the damage from litch bane and the slow from iceboron on hit. after that death cap and what ever else you want by then I do enough damage to build what ever usually HP or MR/AR items for survivability.

before people start saying litch bane and iceborn both have spell blade and there for dont stack you are right and wrong. they do stack but only half you get the damage from litch bane and instead of getting even more damage from ice borns passive you get the slow.

AcornGames

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFriendlyUncle View Post
what do you build/max
Skill order;
W,Q,E, maxing E or W first depending on the game. Usually W with a few points into E

The exception to this is if were being invaded at blue when minons spawn. I always save my first point until after Blue is taken. If enemy champs come in ill put that point into his E. Also if im against a champ like Lux with heavy zoning ill put more points into E early game.

Experimenting with starting items. Against champs with heavy skill shot emphasis ill start with boots+pots, otherwise ill grab Flask+ward+pot.

I never like the idea of buying Doran rings, but last game I had to recall very early and got one. Then I had to recall AGAIN and bought another one and it worked out really well.

Core Items; ( In order )
Abyssal Scepter, Sorc shoes, Rabadons, Lichbane
If im against an ad champ ill start with Zhonias. I may have to add Dorans Rings in early recalls from now on so ill experiment with that!

AcornGames

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC Monstrosity View Post
I have been playing fizz a lot lately and what I have been doing is running 21/9/0, MP reds AP blues HP yellows and AP quints as far as items go I rush litch bane then ice born if everything is going fine by that time people not only can't handle you but they can't get away either. because his q procs both the damage from litch bane and the slow from iceboron on hit. after that death cap and what ever else you want by then I do enough damage to build what ever usually HP or MR/AR items for survivability.

before people start saying litch bane and iceborn both have spell blade and there for dont stack you are right and wrong. they do stack but only half you get the damage from litch bane and instead of getting even more damage from ice borns passive you get the slow.
I have thought about getting Iceborn and this is what I came up with;

Lichbane is cheaper, and provides WAY more damage than Iceborn because Iceborn scales with AD, not AP. While the slow is nice Fizz's Kit already has two slows, and two gap closers.

I would definitely pick it up if I was planning on being the initiator for my team and building tanky though because the slow is AoE and would benefit the team tremendously, not to mention the bonus armor and CDR would be great.

I would never pick up BOTH though because that's 6.4k gold spent on two items, one of which you cant make full use of due to the unique passives.

NastyNestor

03-13-2013

I won the last 5 games with fizz with this build:
boots bots, rush sheen if i can, or sapphire if i don't have enough gold. Depend on the kills and farm, i will either get dorans or lichbane. After that i build deathcap and usually by then I can easily one shot enemy mid or enemy adc and support. Deathfire, abyssal, then situational defense item. If u're get ting killed a lot that means ure not warding enough and not utilizing ur E correctly, you have 2 and a half escapes (u can still use q as an escape if u do it right), so you shouldn't die a lot in 1v1 situations.
I usually start with E against skill shot champion and sometimes W. Most of the time I get E because that cancels their skill and i can still do damage if i land on top of them. I usually do R>E>Q>W and that works most of the time.
If you're playing ranked then it might be different, fizz can get countered very easily but can also counter a lot of skill shot champions.

NastyNestor

03-13-2013

I also see a lot of people using E incorrectly. If you can easily land on top or near the enemy, dont even bother clicking E twice. Using playful applies slow that can easily disable the enemy if they're low health and trying to get away. Also, lead with the shark. Shark goes in, fizz goes in.

AcornGames

03-13-2013

Thank you Nestor!
Dying hasn't been an issue my last couple games. In my last game I actually completely shut down Ryze thanks to a very close and very lucky first blood haha.

Its not that im LOSING games, its that my early game isn't as strong as I feel it could be. If you look at my match history every game with Fizz has been a victory xD.

Im also looking for tips on Fizz ranked play, as right now my ranked score is -3 with 2 wins out of 13 games

I use to rush Sheen first as well, but that was when I wanted Lich as my FIRST core item. Lately ive had more success and damage buying it as a second or third core after Rabadons or Zhonias.