Stupid picks very frustrating

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiSqrd

Senior Member

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojANglEs123 View Post
Totally agree with you, DankChi. When people do odd lane picks like Sona mid, the team needs to be ready for it. But, most of the time when I see this happen, they pick it no matter what. So when lets say Kha Zix goes mid and the team wasn't ready for it, you can end up with an all AD team. It's all about communication when people switch up the meta like this. Unless the entire team is ready to accommodate a weird lane pick, it's going to fail.

Couldn't agree more on the WW jungle. He just can't compete to all of the really strong jungling champs. Like Hecarim, Lee Sin, Xin Zhao, Vi, etc. WW needs to be rebuilt to keep up. He's obsolete now.
My point exactly. And even when people argue that WW is good, like you said, he is obsolete compared to the top junglers and the top junglers are just so much better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

liquideyes

Member

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
I know AP Trynd is, or was good, AP Soraka is good, AP Nunu can work. Those things are viable just rarely seen. Master Yi and WW is not. The situation you described only happens against idiots. Yi is really easy to deal with as is WW.
lolking shows how well your strict following of the meta has brought you such huge success. (sarcasm)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrismMage

Senior Member

03-14-2013

Master yi is very viable ad ranked

hes not viable ap almost anymore unless your really skilled.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiSqrd

Senior Member

03-14-2013

AP Yi is more viable than AD Yi. AP Yi needs a certain team comp though and only works against enemies with low amounts of Hard CC.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrismMage

Senior Member

03-14-2013

AD yi can jungle well if you have a mid gamish team with a heavy cc in 2 lanes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rohan Nostron

Junior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
I do think outside the box and let people play unorthodox things. just not bad things.
then you wouldn't be dodgeing. ever. you don't decide what is bad and good. 2 years ago you would have called haveing an akali or an anivia or a LB mid bad with your logic. unless people try "bad things" things will never change, and here is a quote for you: "if it seems stupid but it works. it's not stupid."
Learn it.
Scara will pick "bad picks" in solo que because he likes the challenge of playing against something that should win.
Sona has great harass, and as long as your team expects it, you can plan around her and can actually use it to your advantage.
Stop being a close minded idget.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rohan Nostron

Junior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI IM SNARF View Post
I don't know why OP is getting downvoted so hard. You guys know that if you were playing ranked and somebody locked Sona mid, you'd dodge.
actually you are wrong, i have seen mid sona do very well and have even done it myself a few times with the right team comp. you first pick sona mid and build the rest of your team around it and sona pretty much becomes annoying late game. her Q with full AP will hit massivly. her passive will also hit really hard auto attacks. her W will heal and can actually keep your team up pretty well and her ult hits hard when you build full AP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DekonCross

Senior Member

03-15-2013

This guy seems like one of the people who used to RAGE at me when I would go mid with ASAP kayle with surge as a summoner spell.

But really theres a pentakill sona skin for a reason. She can do CRAZY amounts of dmg. She isnt just a support champ.

I have a feeling this guy would probably dodge a game if he was playing with me and I was jungle cause I have been playing sejuani. Won 16games with her lost 4. Average 14 assists a game 3.5kills and 4.4 deaths.

Im surprised more people dont actually play her honestly. She has a crazy amount of cc, not to mention the fact that her w is kinda like volibears bite however instead of burst dmg your doing constant dmg. Slowing people and just making it so you can feed your lane.

If these arent ranked games. Which I dont think they are since hes going dodge happy. Just go with it. Then if they do poorly report them as unskilled players and move on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jason411

Senior Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
I just had a mid who wanted to go Sona mid and I dodged as soon as he locked her in.
Sona is a good mid and CAN AP carry. Building her straight AP her Q can do 650+ damage close to full build, she can heal off your pokes, she can run away with her E, and her ult is almost a guaranteed kill if you stun them under your turret(They'll have the same logic as you "It's a support! Free kill!").

Next you'll be saying AD Lulu isn't a good top >.>


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yasei Doubutsu

Member

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
I just had a mid who wanted to go Sona mid and I dodged as soon as he locked her in. Why are people so bad at this game that I have to explain why AP mid Sona would be bad? She is designed to be a support champion. High base damage for her poke, but low ratios (relative to other AP mids) and her passive doesn't even scale off anything except levels and Magic Pen. Not to mention, her auras would go to waste, as would the healing and MS boost.

Other stupid picks: Jungle Warwick. No CC except ult, and that is easily interrupted. TF or Vayne first pick. They are easily countered. Not to mention Vayne needs a tanky frontline and people to peel for her to be effective. And people are too stupid to chose champions that better fit the team comp.

I'll play with support Nidalee but I strongly dislike it, same thing with Fiddle support. Nidalee's cougar form is all damage, no utility, and her spear doesn't do that much damage early game. The only thing useful is the traps and the heal/AS boost. And in an engagement, her heal is the only thing helpful in terms or utility.

I agree with you. Its not hard to explain to the team why your doing what your doing. Plus anyone can mid. Anyone, its not hard to play this game. Your team doesn't have enough CC pick those that do. Team to AD/AP heavy? pick accordingly. Too squishy same thing. People are just bad.