Stupid picks very frustrating

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiSqrd

Senior Member

03-13-2013

Let's not attack me for my opinion. I'm trying to do this in a civilized way. Even if you are ok with Master Yi and Warwick, you must know that there are much better junglers out there. There is no need to play such champs. And in comparison, they are relatively bad. Especially when you actually know how to easily stop them. I do acknowledge the picks that are viable just rarely seen or unorthodox, and don't mind them. I'm totally cool with J4 mid, and other stuff like that, just not picks that are proven to be bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiSqrd

Senior Member

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightBeKyle View Post
Why do you get to decide what picks are viable or not?
I don't. The community does. There is a reason why you don't see those unviable picks often. It can also be proven statistically or just by reasoning and logic. Master Yi jungle, hmm, no CC at all, wonder if his ganks are good? But it's frustrating when you do. And what's competitive is determined from the pro scene.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rohan Nostron

Junior Member

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
I'm fine with Kha'Zix mid. It's actually viable and good. However, something that has been proven not good like Warwick is what falls into the category of stupidity.
How do you prove something is viable if no-one will give it a chance.
People used to call Kha'Zix mid un-viable and a stupid pick, Until the pro's started doing it.
Are you going to stop calling sona a bad and un-viable mid if Froggen on Scara start playing her mid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
I know AP Trynd is, or was good
But people used to bash on AP tryn because it wasn't meta and people didn't think it was viable
Turns out it is very strong.

Meta changes.
Champs that may not seem viable may turn out to be more viable then the ones who are called viable.
AP Sona mid is not bad. Heal, good Damage on her Q, movement speed and a good snare/stun ult, and good AP ratio's on her spells.
Amumu Top being another one that people think was un-viable, till they tried it.
Darius was originally created as a top, people play him jungle because it works.
Orianna was originally designed as a support, she is now played as mid.
AP Tristana. Played ADC till people noticed how hard her AP hits and is now also played mid.
Zyra was designed as a mid, now played support as well.
There are many many cases of this.
Don't bash people's choices that you don't think are viable when you have no real idea. the first meta was 5 ADC. and then 5 AP. it wasn't until the Europeans beat everyone in the world with AP mid, tank top, with ADC and support bot that the meta became what it is now. Don't bash things you don't believe are viable, when they could be more viable then anything else.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EndoKid

Junior Member

03-14-2013

I agree with some things you say but not others.

I do find myself get angry at the prospect of a mid or ADC Sona. More because our bot lane lost badly to the AD Sona and the Lux support. I just couldn't get pass the poke or crowd control. It's just personal bias.
However, I'll respect them for doing something non-meta and succeeding. Some of these creative pursuits are successful but can be situational. Some elements relying on counters and some on player skill.
I do remember coming close to queue dodging when I saw someone wanting to go solo top with Karma. However, they turned out to be surprisingly good!

There are other things I've seen go horribly wrong like an AD Lulu and double stun Renekton and Pantheon in bot lane. I remember drumming my fingers against my jaw thinking, "I'm yet to see this double stun."

I did queue dodge 3 times between 2 different accounts last night and got frustrated, then called it a night and went to bed. One person wanted to go ADC anivia and another person insta locked an AD carry even though we already had one.
The team compositions just looked like a complete disaster.

For me it's not always the fact that it doesn't follow the meta, but that the person won't communicate and becomes an anarchist.

The things I don't agree with is Warwick jungler being substandard. His clearance time is amazing and fair enough if it takes him to level 6 to earn the suppress but the hungering strike can be good along with blood scent to catch up to 20HP stragglers.

Horses for courses though. Some champions I feel are a complete 'no-no' for certain roles. Others I'll become mildly curious enough to see in action regardless of a Victory or Loss.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

420 LOL 69

Senior Member

03-14-2013

I don't know why OP is getting downvoted so hard. You guys know that if you were playing ranked and somebody locked Sona mid, you'd dodge.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KittyPrawn

Senior Member

03-14-2013

If you want to control what people are playing, make some friends and only play with them. Otherwise, you really just have to deal with the fact that people will play what they want to play and enjoy playing. For some people, that's the point of gaming. Not everyone has a "must win" mentality.

Otherwise, enjoy your time bans for queue dodging.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iYamraj

Junior Member

03-14-2013

First of all, I see WW Jungle many many different times. More than I have seen Tryndamere AP. Also, I've jungled with Yi many times before.. I don't understand your logic on how he's bad. His q and right click just dominate camps..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nookyava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-14-2013

Hell, I've played AP Sona top and demolished. It was against a Lee Sin, so I mean if you can play well and know the champion then I think anything can be possible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiSqrd

Senior Member

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCNA Rohan View Post
How do you prove something is viable if no-one will give it a chance.
People used to call Kha'Zix mid un-viable and a stupid pick, Until the pro's started doing it.
Are you going to stop calling sona a bad and un-viable mid if Froggen on Scara start playing her mid?



But people used to bash on AP tryn because it wasn't meta and people didn't think it was viable
Turns out it is very strong.

Meta changes.
Champs that may not seem viable may turn out to be more viable then the ones who are called viable.
AP Sona mid is not bad. Heal, good Damage on her Q, movement speed and a good snare/stun ult, and good AP ratio's on her spells.
Amumu Top being another one that people think was un-viable, till they tried it.
Darius was originally created as a top, people play him jungle because it works.
Orianna was originally designed as a support, she is now played as mid.
AP Tristana. Played ADC till people noticed how hard her AP hits and is now also played mid.
Zyra was designed as a mid, now played support as well.
There are many many cases of this.
Don't bash people's choices that you don't think are viable when you have no real idea. the first meta was 5 ADC. and then 5 AP. it wasn't until the Europeans beat everyone in the world with AP mid, tank top, with ADC and support bot that the meta became what it is now. Don't bash things you don't believe are viable, when they could be more viable then anything else.
Maybe if Froggen went Sona mid and did really well consistently then I wouldn't mind Sona mid anymore. Kinda like how Nasus jungle was never played until Diamondrpox played him. Amumu top is bad but ebverything else you mentioned is viable. I'm not trying to disallow unorthodox picks. Just the stupid ones.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiSqrd

Senior Member

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iYamraj View Post
First of all, I see WW Jungle many many different times. More than I have seen Tryndamere AP. Also, I've jungled with Yi many times before.. I don't understand your logic on how he's bad. His q and right click just dominate camps..
You don't see the problem where you have to just right click on someone when you have no CC? I slight MS boost but that's it. Easy to kite. And it's very annoying trying to gank for a Warwick who doesn't have his ult.