Stupid picks very frustrating

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zheng2813

03-13-2013

I'm going to have to agree with you. I dodge a lot of my games because of certain picks. But some things have become so common that you have to go along with it unless you want to dodge 9/10 games. Such as first picking something that is easily countered. And the guy above me. Creativity isn't bad, but I just feel that people should make sure that it works before using it in a game. I'm not saying they WILL feed but it is highly likely that they won't do very good. Which ruins the game for about 9 other people. A lot of people think that normals is the place to try out new things, but there are actually people who want to win in normals. I primarily only play draft picks, and I have to say that 8 out of 10 times when I get a bad pick on my team, we lose. If you want to try out something completely new that's what bot games are for. And customs.

ChiSqrd

03-13-2013

Thank you! Finally someone who actually has logic! I agree with you too. It's gotten to the point where there are so many idiots first picking someone who is easily countered that I don't dodge for that reason anymore.

Druthox

03-13-2013

I've playied with a guy that claimed mid and locked in Taric.
Our team was a bit confused, so another guys locked in Le Blanc to counter the enemy Orianna.

Taric screwed that game up, taking as much CS as he could, and acctually driving the enemy jungler attention to our mid... As they were ganked twice in the first 5 minutes, we lost mid pretty bad.

Ok if you want to try new things (Lulu is clearly a support, but still, Phreak play her as a jungler.), but don't be a jerk with your mates if they don't understand any of your moves.

ChiSqrd

03-13-2013

Yeah. I'm ok with stuff like AD TF and ADC Kennen. Things that are viable but rarely seen. But not ok with bad picks.

MightBeKyle

Recruiter

03-13-2013

Why do you get to decide what picks are viable or not?

KaiguraTalent

03-13-2013

Sigh, you haven't played enough. Jungle warwick is still viable. So is AP carry sona (ap carry nunu is too!).
You need to try these things.
Master right click (yi) is always viable as a jungler. (Build wriggles, amazing sustain, fast clear time)

Let me tell you the story of ap carry nunu?
1 to 1 ratio on his sustain and poke.
the what? 1 to 4 ratio on his ult?
Also he's so **** tanky. He can out lane some squishy ap carries.

YOU NEED TO LOOK AT "Stupidity" AND THINK AGAIN.

ANYTHING IN THIS GAME CAN WORK. YOU NEED TO GET OWNED BY THE "TROLL PICKS" TO SEE WHAT I MEAN.

There's just so much I want to say.
But to be short with this... YOU ARE SO IGNORANT about where champs go.

EDIT: AP tryndamere. Look it up. No joke.

PewPewMoar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

dis guy smart

CerberusCRW

03-13-2013

Funny, I was just thinking about how I don't understand the whole "good/bad champions" mentality and I run across this thread. It's not just a matter of builds, but whole champions altogether that are dismissed as being "noob champs" while others seem to be "must have".

I like Soraka and Nunu, but god forbids I ever play them, even in normals, or I'll incur the wrath of my fellow teammates. AP Nunu is so much fun, but allowing such words to be in the same sentence is enough to earn the title of "noob". I never see Alistar being played. Not once since December, yet I tried him out tonight and he was quite fun! Lots of CC, a nice group heal, and so tanky too! I understand these champions may not be good picks in every game, you have to balance the team out, but there's not such thing as a worthless champion in my opinion.

And then there's these so called "must have". I've been told that if you want to support, you have to own Leona. I don't own Leona, nor do I plan to anytime soon. Her playstyle is just not appealing to me. I like playing solo Top but I don't own Singed either.

Is it not possible to play this game competitively without being forced to play the Flavor of the Month? I'm not trying to go AD Janna or something equally weird, I just wish I could play champions that I feel comfortable playing without pissing people off

Zombiemaster

03-13-2013

When you say that winning is fun and losing isn't fun, that may be true for you, but that's not always true for everyone else. I know I've played a lot of games where I lost, but I didn't care because I had fun, as well as man games that I won but didn't have fun. You play to win and that's fine, but you have to remember that there are people that play this game to have fun, since that's a huge reason why video games are even made: so that people can have fun. In fact, most of the people who play to have fun also try to win as well. Just because they pick champions that aren't extremely viable doesn't automatically mean that they're bad at the game or not trying to win.

ChiSqrd

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiguraTalent View Post
Sigh, you haven't played enough. Jungle warwick is still viable. So is AP carry sona (ap carry nunu is too!).
You need to try these things.
Master right click (yi) is always viable as a jungler. (Build wriggles, amazing sustain, fast clear time)

Let me tell you the story of ap carry nunu?
1 to 1 ratio on his sustain and poke.
the what? 1 to 4 ratio on his ult?
Also he's so **** tanky. He can out lane some squishy ap carries.

YOU NEED TO LOOK AT "Stupidity" AND THINK AGAIN.

ANYTHING IN THIS GAME CAN WORK. YOU NEED TO GET OWNED BY THE "TROLL PICKS" TO SEE WHAT I MEAN.

There's just so much I want to say.
But to be short with this... YOU ARE SO IGNORANT about where champs go.

EDIT: AP tryndamere. Look it up. No joke.
I know AP Trynd is, or was good, AP Soraka is good, AP Nunu can work. Those things are viable just rarely seen. Master Yi and WW is not. The situation you described only happens against idiots. Yi is really easy to deal with as is WW.